Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I heard the flagship store in Iqaluit, Nunavut has a whackload of SG2's if anyone's interested in making the trek up!!! The Samsung cargo plane made a bad drop on it's way from Japan and that was the source of the delay and now the Nunavut store is responsible for shipping our phones but there is a HUGE ice storm and the dogs won't be available to run them to UPS until it's over and UPS is also waiting on Roger's to give the ok to ship once they arrive from the dogs...what a disaster...poor dogs! Poor us! But at least the Nunavites on the waiting list are happy!

Source: Wikileaks.ca

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Pierced wrote:

I heard the flagship store in Iqaluit, Nunavut has a whackload of SG2's if anyone's interested in making the trek up!!! The Samsung cargo plane made a bad drop on it's way from Japan and that was the source of the delay and now the Nunavut store is responsible for shipping our phones but there is a HUGE ice storm and the dogs won't be available to run them to UPS until it's over and UPS is also waiting on Roger's to give the ok to ship once they arrive from the dogs...what a disaster...poor dogs! Poor us! But at least the Nunavites on the waiting list are happy!

I thought Samsung was making the phones in Korea 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

@Pierced wrote:

I thought Samsung was making the phones in Korea 🙂

I agree but it's from Wikileaks itself so it's 100% true.Robot wink

I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone have a problem at their Rogers store doing the hardware upgrade? The store I went to insisted that I couldn't take the phone unless I gave up my existing plan and signed up with a new plan. I was incredibly pissed, and left empty handed.

I called Rogers customer service, and ended up talking to someone with an american accent that insisted on calling every phone an iPhone. She also said my voice plan was incompatible, and I needed to get a new plan. Apparently, my data plan was fine.

She also kept asking me if I wanted an "HTC iPhone or a Samsung iPhone" and stupid stuff like that. 

FYI, I pay $45 for unlimited North America talk/text 24/7 and $30 for 6gb data, so there's no way I'm giving that up for any hardware upgrade.

I Plan to Stick Around

This issue has been addressed here before and I believe the response was that you could keep your exiting plan, but would not be "LTE Enabled."
I've Been Here Awhile

I think I may be a special case, since I have a grandfathered voice plan from the 90's.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Don't forget, that the folks at rogers view every customer contact as a potential sales opportunity.  They will almost always try to "upgrade" you service plan.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's human nature to not look like an idiot, and know what you're talking about, I would envy a Rogers rep right now, dealing with all the iPhone issues and this s2 debacle, it's not their fault that Rogers isn't giving then any insight into what's going on when they're being inundated with questions they don't have the answers to.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I know but at least if they know nothing about the release day or when they will get them, then do not say anything you know? Its only fair. They tell costumers different things instead of saying " sorry we do not know when we will get them"
I've Been Around

There is no such thing as a "LTE plan"

There is a "Blackberry Data" plan and and there is a "Smartphone" data plan. There is NO iPhone plan. That would akin to saying there is a LG plan or a SONY plan. How many of you have one of those?

BB uses data differently and is therefore handled differently back at Rogers HQ.

A smartphone will work on a BB plan but you may experience some difficulties. For instance, if you are one of the unforntunate ones who own an iPhone and try using a BB plan you will have difficulty sending and recieiving emails.

Whereas a BB will not work on a smartphone plan.

I should add this relates to Data only.

Its simply a matter of telling Rogers "I got a new phone and I need to switch to a xxxx Data plan". That's it.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.