Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Random question. I'm under a contract currently, and called customer service since I broke my phone accidently. I'm not yet available for a legit upgrade, so I'll have to pay fees that I'm already aware of to get the S2(and renew my contract with a LTE plan, etc). So I went ahead and reserved it a little while ago... But for some reason, I cannot find the location where I can see my position in queue in My Rogers for the life of me. Would it be usually where the "Upgrade my phone" is? And since I'm not eligible I have to just wait for them to call me and then go to my Rogers+ and explain the situation and pay the fees+renew contract?

Thank you.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

just below where is says in progress there chould be something that says more details or something click on that and it will show where it's supposed to be shipped to
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@derickma wrote:

So is it reasonable to think that we will be getting emails soon regarding our phones being shipped I mean if they are going out UPS and the majority will arrive on Monday they would have to ship out today at some point

Nope. Not reasonable. I doubt they are shipping them out via UPS. I would suspect they are just going to come as a batch with reserved and non-reserved phones to stores. My hope then is that the stores will contact us quickly... but my hope on that is fairly low. In reality I would expect some stores to get the phones in today but take the weekend to go through the list and text/email us. 

As for Bell getting the GS2LTE... i had little doubt. They are right on the money this year when getting new tech in.. and they don't advertise 3 months ahead of their ability to deliver.  On the bright side though, since AT&T and Bell are getting the same phone (hopefully identical) there is a better chance we will get upgrades quicker as well as the potential for someone like Otterbox to make a case for it. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm pretty sure when I signed up for the reservation It said I would get a UPS tracking number ..can anyone confirm .?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@derickma wrote:
just below where is says in progress there chould be something that says more details or something click on that and it will show where it's supposed to be shipped to

REading the Post by rogers_kate? should give all the information that is needed.  I would suspect that due to the "sudden" &  "miraculous" arrival, that rogers was left scrambling.  Not sure if they will have the time to get the e-mails out today, but I would guess Monday.  In the meantime, contact the location that you had requested that the phone be sent to...maybe wait until after 11am or Noon.... 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

can anyone please please please POST if they find these in stores today!

I will check my rogers at lunch today to see if they got any.

maybe see how the new razr looks/feels too

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

wonder how fast the battery drains with this on and LTE.

http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s-ii-overclocked-18ghz
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since the 2 models are almost identical, we should be able to try that out. If undervolting is properly configured, we should see a slight increase in battery life theoretically, but can't say for sure with trying and who knows how much LTE drains. might explain why the tmobile model without lte shows 7 hours talktime.

The 2 models with similar configurations (for all development purposes) that i have found so far are the T-mobile Galaxy S II and the Galaxy S II Skyrocket. the comparisons are below:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4124&idPhone2=4303 

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4124&idPhone2=4129

Are there any other similar variants i'm missing? (closer to the lte version, not the regular sgs2)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Although the Redboard is not the easiest to navigate, (hint) as it does not flow very well, there is the occasional comment made there that is worth repeating.  This comment was made yesterday , Nov 3rd by a fellow named,Howard.  To my mind, it does a beautiful job of summing up the problems regarding the SGll LTE release.  I REALLY HOPE ROGERS HEEDS his comments!

"howard olsen says:November 3, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Im in the sales training and customer service business as a trainer and consultant. One of our fundamental tenets is that you have toManage Customer Expectation”. All of these negative comments that you (Rogers) are getting are a symptom of horribly managing expectation. I dont need to remind you what you said last week but what you did was create an expectation in eager customers. Your continued silence and the obvious inability to keep the commitment has has created this flood of nasty commentary. People are generally forgiving when they know what to expect. “When you dont properly manage customer expectation thats when you get buyers remorse and disgruntled customers. I hope youll take this as a lesson, all this negative commentary could have been avoided had you just made a proactive statement. Just let people know what they should expect and if its different than the original expectation tell them that and tell them why and theyll leave you alone."

<

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So what are people's thoughts on the actual LTE data plan now that the LTE phone is available? Will people be opting in for the $50 10GB LTE data plan currently being offered to the early adopters?

I am currently on the $30 6GB data plan and was hoping that this plan would automatically be upgraded to the LTE network, however it looks like we have to pay a premium to access LTE. This is not the case with Bell's network. Customers there will automatically have their plans upgraded to LTE at no additional cost. I was looking for Rogers to do the same. I have also had a Bell instore rep say they will match my current Rogers plan and upgrade it to LTE for free.