Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y2whisper
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

i am hoping the previous bugs of the waitlist are fixed. what do I mean...well I was on the list when the system first got set up (and didn't charge you) for an evo 3d. its been in progress for at least a month. I didn't care to raise the issue as there wasn't a cost and I wanted LTE
amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

In progress!!! Was 1121.

Unless this is a ploy to get rid of the numbers so no one knows how long we've been waiting. 

bluecoupe
I Plan to Stick Around

I was 68 and shows in progress now too so I guess it was just one big massive shipment... wonder if stores will have any extra units when it arrives in stores...
cabanis
I'm Here A Lot

FYI, I reserved a phone this morning at 11:30am Pacific time and currently have an OPEN position at 55.

derickma
I Plan to Stick Around

if people are ordering today and getting position 55 that means they shipped all the reservation phones I'm guessing people who order today will get the phone by the end of the week
zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

Just read the Tmobile review it compares it to the att and sprint version, and that's pretty much the sane as Rogers. It's really just about the difference in the processors, the Qualcomm that's being used by Rogers isn't as powerful in most respects, but it's not something you're going to notice really.
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I forwarded a copy of Rogers_Kate's Post to MOBILESYRUP.  Again, if you feel that MOBILSYRUP's involvement helped..Please let them know;

info@mobilesyrup.com

wilsondavila
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got a call from Rogers ombudsman regarding my previous email I sent them. He apologized and agreed with me, and confirmed what the post above just said.

Is everyone soooo happy now that you haven't stop to think the real reasons for the delay?

Everybody who receive their phones should test it and report ANY little problem with here in this forum. If it was a LTE problem I couldn't care less...Alberta is far from having LTE coverage anyway.

But if it's a hardware or software problem I want to know. Keep a close eye on your devices, and keep the posts coming. Benchmarks are always a valid and good stress test. 

It may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I have some doubts Rogers GAVE those phones to the 10 customers because they are so generous... maybe they had a different agenda all along? Any theories?

amit916
I Plan to Stick Around

@zombiejc wrote:
Just read the Tmobile review it compares it to the att and sprint version, and that's pretty much the sane as Rogers. It's really just about the difference in the processors, the Qualcomm that's being used by Rogers isn't as powerful in most respects, but it's not something you're going to notice really.

That's what I heard. But the Exynos processor isn't capable of dataspeeds that the Qualcomm one is. The graphics on the other hand are a flip of the two, while the Exynos GS2 have a faster texture fill rate, they are heavily trounced in tri/polycounts. Overall the Exynos is the better processor, even better to those have been able to get it running at 1.5GHz (vs the 1.2GHz speed it's clocked at out of the factory).

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@wilsondavila wrote:

I just got a call from Rogers ombudsman regarding my previous email I sent them. He apologized and agreed with me, and confirmed what the post above just said.

Is everyone soooo happy now that you haven't stop to think the real reasons for the delay?

Everybody who receive their phones should test it and report ANY little problem with here in this forum. If it was a LTE problem I couldn't care less...Alberta is far from having LTE coverage anyway.

But if it's a hardware or software problem I want to know. Keep a close eye on your devices, and keep the posts coming. Benchmarks are always a valid and good stress test. 

It may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I have some doubts Rogers GAVE those phones to the 10 customers because they are so generous... maybe they had a different agenda all along? Any theories?

I don't know wilson...I am not much into conspiracy theories and I don't often wear my tin-foil hat....the SGll has been out for a while, maybe not in North America, but certainly in Asia.

You might be on your own with this one...sorry.