Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh wait, I forgot the best of the BS:
"While we wish we could get this device to everyone who has reserved the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE on the reservations system today, we’re thrilled to be able to deliver on our first-to-market commitment by shipping Canada’s first LTE smartphones.
We’re also excited to confirm that we’ll continue to fulfill orders for the device as early as next week and expect to have enough devices for everyone in the reservations system."
http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-lte-smartphone-to-ship-as-early-as-next-week/
Translation:
"To our investors: We're excited to be able say we were the first to ship the 10 demo devices we received from Samsung a while back. They still looked brand new so we decided to give them away to the first 10 people on the reservation system who won't know the difference. Who the **bleep** knows when the rest will arrive. We're still trying to figure out the best placement of or logo on the device and how to best place and lock the bloatware into the phone in order to trick our valued (sorry, i mean valuable) customers into using as much of the bloatware as possible for maximum profit potential once the devices arrive for us to **bleep** around with. We will be able to use this "first" to continue our long string of loosely attained marketing strategies geared towards deceiving the unsuspecting public into believing that we are the "first" at everything and that we care about delivering our customers wants and needs ina timely fashion.
When we say we hope to ship the remaining devices to those on the waiting list "as early as next week", it simply means that we don't have the devices yet to ship this week but that also means that we have strategically crafted our words in the statement  to leave open the possibility of shipping the devices to an infinite time frame, stringing the customers on the waiting list along until we've sold enough iPhones to make Apple happy and crappier HTC and Motorola devices which we won't be able to sell as well after we launch the Samsung Galaxy S2."
To our valuable customers: "**bleep** you and have fun waiting while we re-invest your reservation money into the new Rogers Bank! Have a nice day and thank you for choosing Rogers."
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sorry for the "cap" that follow;  RIGHT ON MOBILESYRUP!!!!!  MOBILESYRUP DID IT'S JOB, INVESTIGATE, VERIFY & REPORT!!!

Who said that MOBILESYRUP would be not write this story out of concern that rogers would "cut them off early testing etc"??

One of my favorite Quotes in the article was "Rogers sent an email back saying that a shipment miraculously arrived today and customers can expect it shortly."

MOBILESYRUPS' wonder at the miraculous arrival is only matched by mine!!!

Think about this...we are not waiting in line for MOBILSYRUP, yet they DELIVERED A SUCCINCT HONEST RESPONSE...& rogers?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

honestly if Rogers could email them back saying that then how come no one else got a email like that or Rogers came out live to say that. Yes they added it on their website today but yet never really said any date nor anything.. HMMMMM.. Is Rogers really playing us here?

Although i am happy for this good news i am happier that i made the right choice to get the HTC Raider. I am not going to wait any longer for a phone that has similar specs inside ( other then the 1.5ghz )
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay so I just checked my number of the reservation list. It's now listed as "In Progress".  I was number 23.

So.. since there is a nice history of false hope and misleading communication...

Question now is:  Did they just switch a bunch of peoples status to "In progress" as another ploy or will we actually get the phones? Since I was 23 and they said they got an order if I dont' receive a UPS email today I will assume they are either incapable of processing 23 orders in a single day or they are doing what I thought and just switching a bunch of peoples status to "In progress"

Anyone receive a ship notification yet?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Is Samsung Galaxy S2 Lte unlocked?  Could anyone answer this question?   As i heard from a friend, all Samsung mobile phones are unlocked, no matter from which wireless provider.  Anyone have an answer?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Highlighted

@Appleseed wrote:

Is Samsung Galaxy S2 Lte unlocked?  Could anyone answer this question?   As i heard from a friend, all Samsung mobile phones are unlocked, no matter from which wireless provider.  Anyone have an answer?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Pretty certain it locked.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow!

So one day after I go and pick up the Raider, all THIS happens.

Looks like i'm gonna be returning the Raider for the time-being.

I was number 731 on the S2 waitlist.... and am now IN PROGRESS as well.

So this shipment must've been MASSIVE!

Highlighted

@mvasili wrote:

Okay so I just checked my number of the reservation list. It's now listed as "In Progress".  I was number 23.

So.. since there is a nice history of false hope and misleading communication...

Question now is:  Did they just switch a bunch of peoples status to "In progress" as another ploy or will we actually get the phones? Since I was 23 and they said they got an order if I dont' receive a UPS email today I will assume they are either incapable of processing 23 orders in a single day or they are doing what I thought and just switching a bunch of peoples status to "In progress"

Anyone receive a ship notification yet?

I really REALLY doubt that there is ANY reason to believe that this is "false hope"!  I have heard conflicting accounts about what the waitlist displays...some have received their phone (iphone forum) while status still showed in progress, others have seen their status changeed to shipped/

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was 1113 as of this morning, and mine says in progress too! WOW