Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Like zombiejc said this is gettin out of hand with how people are acting. Go complain to the BBB see where that gets you, what ha Rogers done wrong that the BBB would even care about. Verbally saying that the phone should be out as early as next week, when in any sort of business delays happen, it's not something Rogers can control. You want to start a lawsuit against the company. Sure go for it. See how much money in lawyer fees someone will spend all for a losing battle. But yes I agree Rogers could stand up to the plate and give us some info. At least to put a little ease for the customers that are rip roaring mad.

If you want to cancel your phone. It will just make the people that can wait for this phone happier bc they are that much closer on the list. And if this experience makes you feel like changing carriers to Bell or telus. Just remember every business, every phone carrier has their rip roaring mad customers just like how people are with Rogers.

No company is perfect, and never ever will be. And no one can sit there and say that Bell or Telus would handle this situation any better.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

ignore post please, found my answer elsewhere

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers didn't post my last message. Prob won't allow this one either.

There I posted the links where customers could seek information about their rights and what they can do.

They may not have promised the phone at a certain date, but misleading customers is an offense as well and also advertising it was the first LTE phone. Misleading customers by saying "as early as" is a practice that IS MISLEADING if proved they knew all along they wouln't be able to deliver anytime soon. It gives customers "false hopes" and keep customers waiting.

Or do you really believe the real reason for all their silence is Samsung's fault? Or a glitch in the system? C'mon, if they preffered the silence is b'cause they don't give a %^&& about their customers and b'cause it's better to keep them not informed. (Who wants to publicly admit their phone is having a problem prior to launch?). They opted by the silence and that is misleading and selfish. The link for the competition bureau is http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/home and their job is to prevent abuse in advertising, like misleading customers to believe something that's not true. "As early as" is a misleading statement and they totally err when they decided to make that statement in the first place. It's an abuse of the customers good faith and that kind of practice should be banned from Canada. It's the kind of corporate practice we would find in an extremelly agressive capitalist state (most of USA companies) whose truly interest is to make money by all means necessary, even by treating the customers like &%&*. 

It's not at all what is being taught in business schools nowadays.Definetelly something should be done about it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I woulden't say rogers hasbeen misleading .. But I would say they have horrible coustomer service .. when representitives have no idea of upcoming phones, incorect information but is thats rogers faut that some guy working in the store dosen't keep up to date with new tech.? No But at the same time Rogers could step up to the plate and say they phone is delayed , we expect to recive a shipment from samsung on this date , the phone is delayed because ..blah blah blah .. Rogers seems to have taken the stance is that it will ship when it's ready to ship ...bottom line if they only got 10 phones then thats all they got we have to wait untill whatever problem or shippment issues is sorted out .. Rogers is like a horrible girlfriend you know somethings wrong ..she just won't tell you untill she wants you to know ... and by that time she's already won.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

euripides,

google is perfect....enough said
: )

anyway, i agree as well that some people are taking it too far....i mean think three months ahead, we will all have the phones we want, whether it be the raider or the S2, and we will still be on rogers network (most of us) and we will forget about all this shenanigans.......sure they managed to make us all angry but in the long run, we will be happy and even forget what had happened in these weeks we have been waiting......
i mean, when you show your friends your new, super cool S2 device, you're not gonna tell them "yes, ive been waiting so long for it and rogers really sucked at telling me why the device.........." youre just gonna be like "man look at this cool phone.....be jealous....."
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Drummergurl24,

Google is always perfect haha.

But take me for example, and this was resolved by Rogers just last week. Probs 2-3 weeks ago I wanted a new phone. Had the xperia over a year ago but hated it. Which replaced my iPhone 3G so couples months later I got the iPhone 4 through my moms plan.

Before hitting Vegas week and a half ago. I asked about upgrading. On the phone she said you have to pay the early upgrade fee of $195 plus the activation fee of $35. Ok fine. That was that. I'm waiting till it goes lower. Still had 13 months left on my xperia.

Came back from Vegas. Went to the mall looked at the HTC evo. Made me want a android phone even more. Asked the worker if there was anyway around that. He said no but if you call the customer care they may be able to do something.

The next day called in talked to a guy. Asked if he can do anything considering I've been a 10 year plus customer. He said oh yes I can waive the activation and we can probably give you some discount on your plan to make up for the early upgrade charges. Made me happy. He said when you upgrade your phone and if you have any issues just tell the store tocall in and get it going. So I pondered about it talked to my friend he mentions the S2.

Called back to Rogers which was pretty much 20 mins after the first rep,talked to another rep. Mentioned about the reservation system. And I mentioned what another rep told me that thu can do. The second idiot stick literally sat there and argued with me saying no, no can't do that. Can't waive act fee can't give you discount on your plan to make up or the upgrade fee. Told him then why did the other rep say those things. He says nope, nope can't do it, I see all te info on my screen can't do anything u have to pay. I try talking and he cuts me off. Try again cuts me off. Finally pisses me off an I raise my voice saying are you going to let me talk and finish.

Finally I said let me talk to your manager. He says no reason to he sees the exact information as I do. I say I don't care I want to talk to the manager.

I talk to the manager. He says what I can do for you after this what I went through, he can waive the early upgrade fee for specific phones like the HTC evo but I still have to pay the act fee. Or if I want the S2 I still have to pay the act fee and give me 10 dollars off a month for 3 years. Still wasn't impressed by this. And asked if more can be done he says no.

I was already willing to day bye to Rogers at this point, I asked are you willing to lose a long term customer bc you can't do more? That's all I can do he says. Ok... So I said I will think about it.

I ended up emailing the office of te president about what happened. The next day I get a phone call from them. Explained my story. He did say that the act fee cannot be waived and that he will make sure he will coach the reps better on this. His options he gave me was I can obtain any phone that they have in stock. No early upgrade fee but still act fee. Which was through a credit on my bill. Which was also the same as before. In the end I said I want the s2. So he said ok. I will credit you $90 on your bill and $10 for year. Which gets rid of everything that I was originally promised.

It was resolved. It was a minor difference in what the manager offered me bc he wasn't willing to waive the act fee.

All n all people have a bad taste in their mouths about Rogers bc of this. I am a proven fact that they do care about their customers and are willing to Do what they can to satisfy their clients. Not everyone wins of course. But it does happen

That's my long story. Sorry about the length
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This S2 fiasco is yet another reason why I am seriously considering leaving Rogers. I have been following this thread eversince it was announced that Rogers would be FINALLY getting the Galaxy S2. Taking customers money and promising them status updates of their reservation and not delivering them is absolutely horrible customer service! This has really made me re-think being a customer of Rogers, among some other reasons.  

I have been a customer since 1995, back in the Cantel days. 16 years of loyalty does not seem to not mean anything anymore. Their customer service has gone consistantly down hill throughout the years!  When I found out that the Galaxy S2 was coming I was pretty excited. So excited that I was willing to pay their early upgrade fee to rid myself of the slow Xperia X10. Well I was excited until I found out that they changed their early upgrade period to 30 months.  When I called Rogers and told them how displeased I was with this change they immediately sent me to retention.  Retention did not try to retain me at all, they only made it worse!  I asked why they changed to 30 months. The guy said that I had to pay up to 30 months because I stlll had money owing from my last subsidized upgrade.  When I asked him how much of that subsidy I had left he told me he did not know. When I asked him to send me to someone who did know, he said that no one knows! How can one say that I can't upgrade due to money owed on a subsidy, yet they do not know how much that ammount actually is? He then went on to tell me that early upgrade is a promotional offer, and that they could change it to 36 months if they wanted.  That was basically the end of that conversation because I told him that if I had to wait until the end of my contract to upgrade then there is no longer an incentive for me to stay!  The only reason why I stick around these days is to take advantage of these early upgrades!  Without the early upgrades I would have probably moved to Sasktel by now as their coverage is better and they are keeping their smartphone early upgrade timeframe at 24 months.

The Galaxy S2, with it's dual core processor and awesome 4.5" screen is what was saving this 16 year customer from leaving.  This waiting, lack of communication, and poor customer service is only making me look at alternative companies to have my business. Rogers needs to seriously do something to save me as a customer! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Let's all fill the email inbox of the ombudsman. Nothing will be done and they will probably toss it, but at this point, what else can we do? Wait patiently or wait expressing our voice? I prefer the latter.

Their email is ombudsman@rci.rogers.com

I also emailed the president's office.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

A HUNDRED AND TEN PAGES...most of which are not congratulatory, have STILL note evoked an official Statement from Rogers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So they are having problems with their LTE network and that's why they aren't releasing the phones?   Let us know that, because I can tell you there are a number of your customers who dont' want LTE, like myself... and there maybe users who want LTE but are okay with it having issues provided they get their phone. Again, at the very least  communicate with us.

Funnier thing though. I got a call from a Rogers rep last night. Nice girl who was asking if I was happy with my Internet/Phone/TV services. I let her know yes, but the wireless division is causing me nothing but grief and that I will likely be cancelling my Internet/Phone/TV in the next month just because of the wireless division. She offered to pass my call on to customer service  but I declined.  Been there... done that... no help.

now Thursday of the infamous "Early as next week" and not a peep from Rogers... still 23 on the list.