Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

By the way we don't want the HTC or razr we want the s2 and as I mentioned earlier in my deleted post I don't care if you s2 have an LTE or not every one is asking about the exact release date
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers management said they will start shipping the phone early this week what is going on no phones has been shipped.

I Plan to Stick Around

how many ppl here have or will be cancelling their reservations? my number keeps dropping by 3-4 spots every couple hours. at this rate i'll be the only one on the list hahaha.

I Plan to Stick Around

Movement on the list is still 10 per day. Whether or not these are by shipments or cancellations, I'm still on track to have my phone for Valentine's Day. :-(
I've Been Here Awhile

From the HowardForums topic on the matter: (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1731269-Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-LTE-coming-to-Rogers/page13)

"I was at 23, dropped to 14 after first batch. Haven't moved since. If your place in the queue moved, it's because people in front of you cancelled their reservation. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news."

So ... Since I'm now at 1045 starting around 1160 when I first reserved, any movement is because people are cancelling.  Here's hoping that the Nov 8th date isn't just a fruitless rumour.

I Plan to Stick Around

I suspected from the very begining that 'as early as next week' means Friday 4th Nov.

I am only gonna wait till monday morning & if my phone has not been shipped by that time, then i am gonna cancel both my phones and move to some other provider.

Enough of Rogers.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@binny303 wrote:
I suspected from the very begining that 'as early as next week' means Friday 4th Nov.

I am only gonna wait till monday morning & if my phone has not been shipped by that time, then i am gonna cancel both my phones and move to some other provider.

Enough of Rogers BS.

Well IF YOU BELIEVE what rogers says; once you see that your Status on the "waitlist" has changed to "processing", it can take up to 4 days for your device to be received at "your" store.

I am amazed that the "rogersxxxx" people pick and chose the comments that they respond to on the redboard.....

Reminds me of this time I was in a Hot-Air Balloon, ran out of fuel and landed in this field....I was completely lost!..This guy wandered over, and I asked him where I was...he said " you are in a hot-air balloon in a farmer's field".  I responded; " you MUST work for rogers, your answer is completely accurate, yet totally useless".

I Plan to Stick Around

Still 23 on the list... still no news mid week through the infamous "Early as next week". They have posted the Raider and the Razr on their phones page now though. Soooooo I went to Rogers store at their main office on Bloor st. so I could see them, maybe like them... get off this S2 LTE train...

Would you believe their main store had no Razr on display, no Raider and not even a Jetstream.  That certainly doesn't bode well for getting an S2 LTE anytime in the near future. 

I wouldn't expect anyone to receive a notification now. I will assume that they will just send out phones to all the stores, put out a mass announcement saying to go to the store and you should be okay to pick one up.... if they have enough in stock.

I Plan to Stick Around

Come on people just cancel your reservation. How about 1000 of you cancel your reservations, then I can be about 118 on the list. Thanks!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes like they will do that for you....

Anyways like someone else said. The LTE / HSPA networks are down for the Raider & its not the phone that is having the issue. A couple of us are having the same issue & we live in other provinces. Maybe that is why they are not releasing the phone yet because they are having issues with the networks. If this is so then why not just say it..