Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Well the Galaxy S2 has been available for 9 months now so I expect the phone to be priced at .01$ when it comes out or else I'm changing carrier.  I am number 7 on the corporate reservation list and haven't moved or received any news. 

I've never been a smart phone fan but I have been waiting for this phone since its release.  Luck will have it that this is the phone that Rogers decided to fail its customers with.  I love reading this forum everyday because it provides me with some of the greatest lessons on how to fail your clients.  This is the second most popular topic and it is about how people are dissapointed.  Just wait till they finally release the phone. Then we will also get to marvel at the reservation fiasco this will surely become.

I have only 2 more months on my three year contract.  A contract that has been renewed 3 times.  That is a total of 9 years without missing one payment.

Listen to me ROGERS,  I will not be paying full retail for a phone was released 9 months ago.  I will not be paying for LTE when 97% of the time I am where there is WIFI which is free and it is faster.  Forget about trying to dazzle my with a "faster" 1.5 ghz processor, we all know the phone is actually slower.   Forget about trying to dazzle me with .2 inch bigger screen, it will just use up more battery and .2 inches isn't worth paying 250$ more than the competition.  Also, please be honest and mention to your customers that it will be harder to find screen protectors, cases, docking stations and any other accesssories because this phone will be less popular than the non LTE S2. 

The worst part is all this is probably a strategy to sell more Iphones 4s.  Iphones that Rogers doesn't even have in stock!  Look at the other most popular topic on this forum and it is about people being on the waiting list and not getting a phone weeks after the release while any other Joe blow can go to another vendor and walk out with an Iphone 4s today.  Talk about service.  The more I think about it the more this is really funny.  Please wait a couple more months before releasing the Galaxy S2 phone, I'm really enjoying the comedy.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Shaggy,

I've tried CM7 and others such as MIUI and Darky with great success on other models (including a few Galaxy models). I'll gladly contribute to a 101 on r00ting or adding a custom rom (most prob at xda, not here) but it depends on the devs who first release related materials. Realistically, we're not going to see much activity there for a few weeks after "official" launch till the model can be accessed by enough devs. I recall talking to some PR people at samsung at an internal demo/launch for the original S2 and i was told that the Cynaogen team was provided with a few handsets to play around with and help port cm7 BEFORE the S2's official launch.

Having played with some of the newer gingerbread phones, I feel like i wont need to add a custom rom now as GB is quite polished and most roms out now are GB mods anyway (again just my opinion based on my specific usage). While roms like CM7 are great for customization, the bigger appeal is performance, which was an issue for a lot of early froyo models. GB seems to have ironed out a lot of these issues. An interesting thing to try would be to see if the ICS port would work on this model. I will not however try to overclock/undervolt this beast.

I'm Here A Lot

This waiting game is becoming very annoying.

I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, thanks for the review.

Okay, so just got off the phone with a sales rep, he just told me that he got an email 1:30pm ET that they will be doing a 30mins online course on the phone tomorrow just to know what they are talking about when they sell it to the consumers. He said they did the online course for the Raider about a week and a half ago and just came out. He told me typically after everyone has taken the course, it usually takes 1-2weeks to be sent off for sale. He told me just to hang tight.

We were even talking about the Ihype 4s, he told me he doesn't like it very much considering no flash and I just LOL'd and agreed.

I Plan to Stick Around

i know its not the same but still do we have the 4.5" ? NO, ok do we have the 4.3"? NO, ok do we have the 2"? No.

comon guys we dont have any S2 this is garbage every one have one but we dont have any thing !!!  

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hey hersHL!  Thanks!!  Pretty much anything I have owned has only remained "stock" for a brief period, & I am lioolong forward to any suggestions and advice!

@I'll look forward to getting in touch!  here or @ ada!

@hershL wrote:

Hi Shaggy,

I've tried CM7 and others such as MIUI and Darky with great success on other models (including a few Galaxy models). I'll gladly contribute to a 101 on r00ting or adding a custom rom (most prob at xda, not here) but it depends on the devs who first release related materials. Realistically, we're not going to see much activity there for a few weeks after "official" launch till the model can be accessed by enough devs. I recall talking to some PR people at samsung at an internal demo/launch for the original S2 and i was told that the Cynaogen team was provided with a few handsets to play around with and help port cm7 BEFORE the S2's official launch.

Having played with some of the newer gingerbread phones, I feel like i wont need to add a custom rom now as GB is quite polished and most roms out now are GB mods anyway (again just my opinion based on my specific usage). While roms like CM7 are great for customization, the bigger appeal is performance, which was an issue for a lot of early froyo models. GB seems to have ironed out a lot of these issues. An interesting thing to try would be to see if the ICS port would work on this model. I will not however try to overclock/undervolt this beast.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's weird why this happening, seeing as they were able to release the Raider on it's launch day, so it's not an LTE netowrk issue that's the hold up, I wonder what's really delaying the S2 launch.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, if like I said earlier that the sales staff will be doing online training on it starting tomorrow, then it should arrive within 1-2 weeks.
I Plan to Stick Around

When are you going to release thedevice I will accept any answer but you should mention a date like Nov 15 or dec10 th or even Jan 30th or may be Feb 30th how is that a date a date

I Plan to Stick Around

Guess what rogers if 1000 people switch to bell and if each one pay you $200 per month you will be losing over 2 million dollars a year these are your customer, after you lose this money you will start laying people off and the management will stay in theire position because the are smarter than us ; every one got the phone all my friends with a different carrier and only rogers customer still have no s2