Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I like thick comments, what's wrong with rogers every one have the gs2 only rogers don't have, bell have it telus have it these are the largest carrier
I Think we will see chater mobile and mobilicity will have the phone shortly before rogers!!!!!
Now every one will tell me rogers is the first who released the LTE phone!!! Where is this phone any one have it??????
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ohhhhhh ok 10 people in Canada have the phone right?
You know what there are more than 10 people winning the lottery every day!!! To have the phone u should be either so lucky or not with rogers
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys there will be no galaxy product from rogers no s2 or nexus because these 2 smartphone hit the apple product
apple sales only 18 million but the galaxy sales is 28 million which is product of Samsung
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@saadgh wrote:
I like thick comments, what's wrong with rogers every one have the gs2 only rogers don't have, bell have it telus have it these are the largest carrier
I Think we will see chater mobile and mobilicity will have the phone shortly before rogers!!!!!
Now every one will tell me rogers is the first who released the LTE phone!!! Where is this phone any one have it??????

It's not the same Gs2...the other carriers have the older version with the 4" scrren and the 1.2 ghz processor...the one that rogers will have comes with a 4.5" screen and a dual core 1.5 ghz processor.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This morning's paper had a full page ad for the LTE line including the S2 LTE. It was the first time i've seen the correct picture of it in print. At least they aren't losing interest in it yet. 

I agree that it makes no sense waiting for this model if you are not interested in the LTE and find it similar to the resular S2. I guess the confusion stems from this thread being titled "Galaxy S2" and not "Galaxy S2 LTE". 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

man i am seriously contemplating just getting the HTC raider. it's a pretty sick phone and i might get it for the non-contract price.

only thing holding me back is the fact that the Galaxy Nexus is around the corner. but my current phone is dying on meee!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on my way to go get the raider, I will update when I have it in my hands
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If there are some you you in here who are looking into getting into the 3rd party development/modification scence for our prospective phone, please take a second out to add a request for a dedicated forum for its development right here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18828556#post18828556 
(just "+1 Samsung galaxy s 2 lte sgh-i727r" will do)

While the wait for the hardware can be frustrating, waiting for dev support is usually more painful since you have a device which you know you could unlock heaps of potential for, but are unable to do so. I'm currently using a first gen galaxy and im still on froyo since my galaxy variant was not a common one and did not have enough support (still on a great rom, but hard without dedicated kernels). Thakfully, the sg2lte seems to have a korean cousin and we mght see some international development on the forums. If this does work out, lack of ICS would only be a momentary setback and we might even see a port sooner than 6 weeks after the nexus launch (assuming Rogers has stock of our phones by then).

On an unrelated note, i'm glad the rogers logo is screened on the back and not the face of the phone 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@hershL wrote:

If there are some you you in here who are looking into getting into the 3rd party development/modification scence for our prospective phone, please take a second out to add a request for a dedicated forum for its development right here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18828556#post18828556 
(just "+1 Samsung galaxy s 2 lte sgh-i727r" will do)

While the wait for the hardware can be frustrating, waiting for dev support is usually more painful since you have a device which you know you could unlock heaps of potential for, but are unable to do so. I'm currently using a first gen galaxy and im still on froyo since my galaxy variant was not a common one and did not have enough support (still on a great rom, but hard without dedicated kernels). Thakfully, the sg2lte seems to have a korean cousin and we mght see some international development on the forums. If this does work out, lack of ICS would only be a momentary setback and we might even see a port sooner than 6 weeks after the nexus launch (assuming Rogers has stock of our phones by then).

On an unrelated note, i'm glad the rogers logo is screened on the back and not the face of the phone 

There is a company that I have referred to a couple of times..Cyanogen dot mod.  If you have not already done so, check it out!  It seems that you can customize just about every aspect of your phone.  I am pretty Win O/S proficiant, but totaly new (almost, still waiting for the PHONE), but I know next to nothing about Android, and would wlecome the 101 on how to "root" etc, without "bricking" my phone!

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I've decided if I don't get it by the end of the week I'm number 49 in the list I'm going to cancell my reservation ..buy the more powerful phone and more available I might add from bell ..unlock it and when my contract runs out I'll say goodby to rogers ..internet , TV, cell , Homephone and go with a local company that actually wants to provide me with coustomer service. I live too far away form an LTE area and it probably won't be in my area untill it's time for a new phone anyway.