Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

One thing that I should tell everyone is that the phone is actually 249.99 on the 3 year plan. They posted 199.99 on the website because of the 50$ credit you are eligible for if you do a hardware upgarde.

So this is how it went down (I have e-billing, not sure how it will differ for those that don't)

They put the $40 reservation fee back onto my account balance

They charged $249.99 onto the account balance

They told me to go online and apply for the $50 hardware upgrade rebate (easier thing in the world) so that you get the rebate right away instead of doing it via mail (which can take 6-8 weeks)

They charged a $35 activation fee

Depending how much time you have left on your contract, they will charge you a early hardware upgrade fee (any thing after 30 months, there is no charge)

So all the charges are done on my Rogers Bill, I didn't actually pay anything in store when I picked up the phone.

I'm pretty sure that alot of people expected the 50$ rebate onto of the 199.99 (I know I did), so that may turn some people off.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My wife upgrade for a blackberry 3 week ago( I wait for SGs2) and she pay the same ($249.00 + 35.00) the rebate was made by mail( still waiting )why do not take the $ 50.00 in the store?, why they charge activation fee? we are alrready rogers customers...no? it is all $$$$$$$ for this people.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

is the phone as awesome as it seems?? do you love it so far?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks Tim!  Great additional info!  The whole rebate thing is Accountants smoke & mirrors...I really don't know why they bother, if your are giving a $50.00 discount....do it at the counter.  Even though, it's a pretty small PITA, it's STILL our PITA....like what, people can't figure out how to go online?

I am surprised that you were not asked to pay cash-money when you picked it up, so, if they just put the $249.00 on you Rogers account...I guess the rebate thing is a wash.!

Enjoy your new toy, and thanks for your GREAT "customer service" TIM!! 🙂 

@timng07 wrote:

One thing that I should tell everyone is that the phone is actually 249.99 on the 3 year plan. They posted 199.99 on the website because of the 50$ credit you are eligible for if you do a hardware upgarde.

So this is how it went down (I have e-billing, not sure how it will differ for those that don't)

They put the $40 reservation fee back onto my account balance

They charged $249.99 onto the account balance

They told me to go online and apply for the $50 hardware upgrade rebate (easier thing in the world) so that you get the rebate right away instead of doing it via mail (which can take 6-8 weeks)

They charged a $35 activation fee

Depending how much time you have left on your contract, they will charge you a early hardware upgrade fee (any thing after 30 months, there is no charge)

So all the charges are done on my Rogers Bill, I didn't actually pay anything in store when I picked up the phone.

I'm pretty sure that alot of people expected the 50$ rebate onto of the 199.99 (I know I did), so that may turn some people off.....

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I live in Thunder Bay On and I also have been waiting impatiently for this phone.  Does anyone have any idea when it will be available to the public.  Unfortunately I didn't know you could reserve it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi Tim, does the Rogers LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy have the Home button, or the 4 Interactive buttons?

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm guessing that they do the $50 rebate thing in hopes that some people forget about it.
Before this phone I had the iPhone 3gs. this is my first experience with Android and I have to say I love it and I haven't even scratched the surface yet!!
The phone has the 4 interactive buttons
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I cancel my reservation?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

nonie444
i was told today the release date is nov 8
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

jybute
is yours still open? or in progress or processing? if its still open then when you sign in to see your number then just hit cancel reservation. if its processing then you will have to call and cancel i believe