cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2

canucklove
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with a Rogers rep and he said that they will not be getting the S2 yet. He said probably not until earliest September, but more likely even later in the year.

Too bad...its an amazing phone, but I've been saving my upgrade for months and months for the S2 only to be disappointed that I have to wait for everyone else to get it first. Smiley Sad

***edited labels***

836 REPLIES 836

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been reading this thread since the begenning, and i would just like to say thank you to everyone who has been posting and keeping me updated. I have been waiting forever and I can't wait to get the GS2 (although i might hold out untill the nexusSmiley Tongue).

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
nexus won't probably come till December or even 1st qrt 2012..Rogers is smart, they want to make $$$ off selling these 1st , just like selling the Iphone 4S first before releasing this. It's all $$$ for them. By the time the Nexus comes, they will anounce the Galaxy S3 in which Apple will reveal their Iphone 5 and RIM will anounce their BBX line....Technology gets old super fast...

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

You're probably right, at this point i'm probably just going to get what comes first, in this case the GS2.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@villl..youare probaly right about everything...but one question....do you suppose that RIM will even still be around???

shaggyskunk

Tim...A rather silly question...when you picked up your phone, did you pay the $199.00 + taxes, or did rogers deduct the $40.00 that they had from your reservation?

villinvr6
I Plan to Stick Around
lol I doubt they'll still be around, probably gonna be bought out, however since I'm transitioning the move from BBM to Google+ Messenger, I'm really hoping that it will mimic or BBM and make it better..I'm just gonna miss those 30 people chat groups and status updates which starts interesting convo's.

td_2
I'm Here A Lot

Does anyone have any idea how quickly they are sending these out?  I'm 364 on the list and now I'm shaking with anticipation.

lisabolshin
I've Been Here Awhile

any thoughts on the motorola droid razr??? 

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

As of right now i am elligible for an upgrade, will i be able to upgrade to the GS2 lte?

philhouse
I Plan to Stick Around

When the phone gets released, yes

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@Vanquish wrote:

As of right now i am elligible for an upgrade, will i be able to upgrade to the GS2 lte?

don't see why not, everyone else is

you may have to wait a week or two (or seven)

Vanquish
I Plan to Stick Around

@philhouse, i ask this beacuse i have talked to a couple rogers reps and i got mixed answers, some yes some no.

shaggyskunk

@vanquish....click on the link in my rogers, answer the qustions and you will get an e-mail daying yes or no to an upgrade....GET it in WRITTING...and have a nice day.   

timng07
I Plan to Stick Around

One thing that I should tell everyone is that the phone is actually 249.99 on the 3 year plan. They posted 199.99 on the website because of the 50$ credit you are eligible for if you do a hardware upgarde.

So this is how it went down (I have e-billing, not sure how it will differ for those that don't)

They put the $40 reservation fee back onto my account balance

They charged $249.99 onto the account balance

They told me to go online and apply for the $50 hardware upgrade rebate (easier thing in the world) so that you get the rebate right away instead of doing it via mail (which can take 6-8 weeks)

They charged a $35 activation fee

Depending how much time you have left on your contract, they will charge you a early hardware upgrade fee (any thing after 30 months, there is no charge)

So all the charges are done on my Rogers Bill, I didn't actually pay anything in store when I picked up the phone.

I'm pretty sure that alot of people expected the 50$ rebate onto of the 199.99 (I know I did), so that may turn some people off.....

barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

My wife upgrade for a blackberry 3 week ago( I wait for SGs2) and she pay the same ($249.00 + 35.00) the rebate was made by mail( still waiting )why do not take the $ 50.00 in the store?, why they charge activation fee? we are alrready rogers customers...no? it is all $$$$$$$ for this people.

shortydm11
I Plan to Stick Around

is the phone as awesome as it seems?? do you love it so far?

shaggyskunk

Thanks Tim!  Great additional info!  The whole rebate thing is Accountants smoke & mirrors...I really don't know why they bother, if your are giving a $50.00 discount....do it at the counter.  Even though, it's a pretty small PITA, it's STILL our PITA....like what, people can't figure out how to go online?

I am surprised that you were not asked to pay cash-money when you picked it up, so, if they just put the $249.00 on you Rogers account...I guess the rebate thing is a wash.!

Enjoy your new toy, and thanks for your GREAT "customer service" TIM!! 🙂 

@timng07 wrote:

One thing that I should tell everyone is that the phone is actually 249.99 on the 3 year plan. They posted 199.99 on the website because of the 50$ credit you are eligible for if you do a hardware upgarde.

So this is how it went down (I have e-billing, not sure how it will differ for those that don't)

They put the $40 reservation fee back onto my account balance

They charged $249.99 onto the account balance

They told me to go online and apply for the $50 hardware upgrade rebate (easier thing in the world) so that you get the rebate right away instead of doing it via mail (which can take 6-8 weeks)

They charged a $35 activation fee

Depending how much time you have left on your contract, they will charge you a early hardware upgrade fee (any thing after 30 months, there is no charge)

So all the charges are done on my Rogers Bill, I didn't actually pay anything in store when I picked up the phone.

I'm pretty sure that alot of people expected the 50$ rebate onto of the 199.99 (I know I did), so that may turn some people off.....

nonie444
I've Been Here Awhile

I live in Thunder Bay On and I also have been waiting impatiently for this phone.  Does anyone have any idea when it will be available to the public.  Unfortunately I didn't know you could reserve it.

Theblitz
I've Been Around

Hi Tim, does the Rogers LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy have the Home button, or the 4 Interactive buttons?

Thanks

timng07
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm guessing that they do the $50 rebate thing in hopes that some people forget about it.
Before this phone I had the iPhone 3gs. this is my first experience with Android and I have to say I love it and I haven't even scratched the surface yet!!
The phone has the 4 interactive buttons

jybute
I Plan to Stick Around
How do I cancel my reservation?