Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Hello Everone.  I just called Rogers help desk 10 minutes ago and ask if i can do an upgrade for the Sammy Galaxy S2 LTE.  The rep said it's not out yet and ask me where i heard the news from?  Anyhow... i just wanna know how the Reservation for the S2 LTE works... if i reserve it, can i still do an upgrade on my plan?  Really don't know how this works.  Anyone can help?  Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

can anyone tell me where i can see my current rank on the reservation list?

I Plan to Stick Around

jybute:
on the rogers website:
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal##HomepageBanner-3

click at the top it says myrogers....sign in, then go to the my overview....choose the phone number its associated with for the reservation, then click underneath it should say "device reservation" then it will process and it should say the number straight in there
any problems, let me know!
I Plan to Stick Around

im currently 376! yesterday i was 396..... : D
ill update as i move along the line.......

I Plan to Stick Around

started at position 342 and am now at 194

I'm Here A Lot

I'm a Trusted Contributor

At least it's not Friday today....so there is hope that some will see something this week?   anyone know which company handles rogers shipping....could be a good week to have a friend that works for the shipper....heh, heh, heh,

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi folks... been reading this thread for a week or so, and now making my first post.  How thrilling!  :-p

I just called the Rogers Plus store at 333 Bloor (head office), and asked if they had the SGS2 in store, and the rep replied very confidently, and without any hesitation: "Thursday".  Granted, this is yet another date conveyed by a Rogers rep, and we have heard a million different answers from a million different reps.... BUT, having worked at Rogers head office a few years ago, I know that they consider the 333 Bloor St location to be their "flagship store", and they only assign their most competent reps to work in that store, as it is within their head office building, and Rogers executives go in there frequently, etc.  So, those responsible for managing that store always want to ensure that the service quality and presentation of the store are immaculate, as it is so highly visible and central.  Maybe this matters... maybe it doesn't.  I just wanted to pass along what I heard, either way.

In light of this knowledge, I am going to try my luck with getting the phone from that store on Thursday.  

Earlier this week, I was in another Rogers Plus store, and I was asking about the SGS2, and the rep said they didn't have it and she didn't know when they were getting it...... then when I mumbled something about using the online reservation system to reserve a SGS2, she told me that many customers who weren't on the reservation list for the iPhone 4S got their iPhones BEFORE the customers on the reservation list just by coming into the store on the release day (and the ensuing couple of days....)

So it looks like the reservation system may indeed be B.S., and may not guarantee receiving the phone "first"

As with everything communicated to us by Rogers reps and store employees, all of this should be taken with a grain-- nay, an entire shaker-- of salt, as they have proven themselves to be unreliable when it comes to giving accurate info.

Like I said, just wanted to pass along what I had heard.....

I Plan to Stick Around

@shaggyskunk wrote:

At least it's not Friday today....so there is hope that some will see something this week?   anyone know which company handles rogers shipping....could be a good week to have a friend that works for the shipper....heh, heh, heh,

the email i received this week from rogers said they are using UPS

I Plan to Stick Around

For those of you who are saying that their positions are moving up....it's most likely not because the people ahead of you have received their phones. It's most likely they are cancelling

I'm #2 on the list and I can conform that my status has changed from OPEN to IN PROGRESS. The only other change is under the Order Information. It now says: "Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you."