Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

thank you and its about time someone did something
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Well, finally decided to stop reading and post something about the Galaxy S2.

Recently got sick of Apples crap and decided to switch over, happily paid the $40 thinking that the phone would arrive in early October as promised(somewhat); needless to say, just cancelled my reservation and am buying an unlocked S2.

If Rogers had addressed at least some of our comments on this thread I might have changed my mind, but come on, even if they could have given us a single straight response they could have kept me around.

Disappointed in all this, hopefully the rest of you will get your phones soon!

Best of luck, and I'll be sure to free myself from Rogers when my contract is up.

I Plan to Stick Around

All cell phone companies are the same.  They will all screw you in different ways.  The best way to do it is by NOT signing a contract. Get a prepaid service ( I use Fido, and can cancel or change my plan whenever I want with NO penalties ) and buy your phone outright. That way you are in control of what you can or cannot do.  Fido has been pretty fair to me thus far.  Ive heard horror stories about them as well (they are afterall an affiliate of Rogers I believe, I know they use the same Network) but if you are not locked into a contract, you are much better off.  Especially when calling and complaining about an issue, because they know you have the option to walk away at any given time and go with another company.  It just gives you a little bit of leverage.

I've Been Around

I might as well come in the mix...

I'm currently on queue at 509...I want to add my sense of frustration about Rogers' inability to respond to any of our complaints.  The product owner/manager for this device should be fired to mishandling its launch.  They're utterly clueless or simply careless about customer service.  Regardless of the outcome, I promised myself to go take the time today and remaining time rogers is taking to get back to us, to evaluate the cost of transfer to another carrier, since I have more than 5 products and services with them.

Great job Rogers...way to handle the demand for such a great product!

I've Been Around

Will it be possible to upgrade the GS2 with Ice cream sandwich at some point?

I Plan to Stick Around

Just saw a post of FB from Samsung Canada...... says the S2 LTE is coming soon.  At least they've got a webpage up for us to drool over now!  Hopefully we don't have to drool for too much longer.

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/GSIILTE/English/

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You should be able to, yes.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well, maybe rogers will see this...and think about all the money they are losing.
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/verizons-third-quarter-14-million-lte-devices-boost-wireless-unit/6151...
I've Been Here Awhile

I've just cancelled my reservation ... I have a Bold 9000 now, and thinking that my intro to the Android Family might be something a bit more reasonable, like the Galaxy Infuse.  On a 3 year it's only 1¢!  I still need to do a bit of a HUP and I'm generally pleased with Rogers, so I don't really want to leave.

Getting a good Android phone NOW for a low price, makes more sense than being frustrated with this reservation cycle.  Good luck to everybody who's hanging in!

I Plan to Stick Around

From Google:

col·lu·sion/kəˈlo͞oZHən/

Noun:
  1. Secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, esp. in order to cheat or deceive others.

I'm not making ANY accusations here, but as there is no response from Rogers this is where my mind takes me. An agreement with Apple to ensure a higher standing in order processing priority isn't something that would be put on paper, but pretty much any other reason for this lack of communication on when the SGS2 will come or even where it is in the chain would easily be posted. Even it it's just "Billy in purchasing screwed up and didn't submit the PO to Samsung".

When there is no reason given I can't help, but think "There is no reason that can be given without admitting guilt". Maybe some investigation by the CRTC or RCMP would shed light on this "lack of communication".