Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I'm very happy how much this thread came to life over the past week. As I've started earlier in this thread, I decided to buy an S2 from a private sale and currently using it on the rogers network.

We need to continue to voice our concerns in order to force rogers' hand. This type of disregard have become a hallmark of the company and is unacceptable. In fact I'm glad I didn't wait for this phone because I really did not want to sign a here contract with the company. This is the unfortunate consequence of the lack of choice here in canada.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

From what I can tell, about 200 people have cancelled their reservation in the past week and a bit...I wonder if rogers is keeping track of the growing disatisfaction? 

I had thought about calling, but it's not the fault of whomever takes the call....it would be the "decision makers"....indecision & apparent inability to correct what is wrong.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm Number #2 on the reservation list and I'm seriously considering cancelling my reservation and going to Bell and get the non-LTE version of the samsung galaxy S2. So frustrating....

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I have shared the feedback.
Highlighted

rogers Gina...THANK YOU!!!!!   It's Great to feel loved!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm currently at 189, when I first signed up back in september I was around 280.

So of the first 300 people they had reserve, almost 1/3 of them have dropped. 

It is pathetic how rogers is handling this.

Highlighted

I think that the most disturbing response from rogers was made by rogers"melanie"...It clearly indicated that at least one person at rogers kew about the frustration that the GS @ LTE crowd was feeling, yet here, again was her response;

""I’ve noticed one thing that I wanted to clarify here. Many of you have been commenting and asking questions solely about the Samsung Galaxy S II. As they are off topic to the post, they’re not approved as per the comment policy guidelines. Please feel free to check out the comment policy here: "

After reading her response again, I AM feeling infuriated!!  They KNOW! and YET, other than rogersgina's short response today there has been ZERO action!

One would think that if GS2 LTE people are trying to comment on a razr redboard, that rogers would SEE the DESPERATION & FRUSTRATION!  AND, even when we try to comment on the razr board we just get dismissed!!  BECAUSE...are concerns were just viewed as "off topic!!!  It's like being told to hush-up as though we are scholl children!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh look!

Yet another provider who has the Galaxy S II out before Rogers!

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/samsung_galaxy_s_II_x/index.shtml?eVar6=link

You know, 42mbps isn't much noticibly different from 75mbps for most people....

And the hardware specs look pretty similar too.

Anyone up for cancelling Rogers and going to Telus?

Edit: Didn't realize that link didn't have the release date.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/10/20/official-telus-launching-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-x-hercules-october-28...

October 28th.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Arkham wrote:

@zombiejc wrote:

@Dave112 wrote:

can any one tell me which phone is going to be better the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the samsung Galaxy Nexus???

and what is the difference between the Super AMOLED plus display on the Galaxy S2 and the  HD Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy Nexus???

The HD AMOLED has a 1280-800 resolution, so it's just a higher resolution and dpi than the plus. The Nexus will be the better phone, depending on what you are looking for, obviously the screen is better and it will also be on ice cream sandwich. The phone is bigger though, and some alrady feel the S2 is already bug for some people.

And the HD AMOLED is reportedly a pentile display (with subpixels) like the original SAMOLED screens (e.g. Captivate).  This isn't 100%, but that's the word on the tech forums/blogs.

Yeah, Endadget/Ars just confirmed it -- it's a PenTile display.   I'm definitely not interested in the Nexus now, that and the lack of a card slot.

Speaking of disinterest, since it's looking more and more like the Rogers version of the GS2 LTE is not going to have the Exynos, my interest is flagging on that too.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

if i could have left rogers i would have gone with bell a long time ago and got that phone, but im locked it. little did i know that when i changed my plan it meant i had verbally signed another 3 years