Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

So 3 days ago I was at #1062 in line for the SGS2 LTE ... now I'm at #987.  They're obviously getting cancelled reservations; current rate is 25 cancellations per day.

Rogers just needs to give us a firm date for availability of this phone!  Why is that so difficult?  And why no mention of the phone (even as a "coming soon") on the main Rogers page?  A casual researcher would have no idea that the SGS2 LTE is going to be available.  If it's been mentioned on Redboard, shouldn't it also be on rogers.com?

Weird marketing.  Incomprehensible.  Watch those cancellations continue!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@zombiejc wrote:

@Dave112 wrote:

can any one tell me which phone is going to be better the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the samsung Galaxy Nexus???

and what is the difference between the Super AMOLED plus display on the Galaxy S2 and the  HD Super AMOLED display on the Galaxy Nexus???

The HD AMOLED has a 1280-800 resolution, so it's just a higher resolution and dpi than the plus. The Nexus will be the better phone, depending on what you are looking for, obviously the screen is better and it will also be on ice cream sandwich. The phone is bigger though, and some alrady feel the S2 is already bug for some people.

And the HD AMOLED is reportedly a pentile display (with subpixels) like the original SAMOLED screens (e.g. Captivate).  This isn't 100%, but that's the word on the tech forums/blogs.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so i just called rogers to ask them about the release date

and the guy told me it would be released october 25th, this tuesday.

he said it should come up on the rogers website soon and i should be getting an email soon as well....

i guess we'll have to wait and see this!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hey drummer....would be great if you could share that e-mail from rogers, if/when you get it!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i just checked my email just in case, nothing yet, but i will for sure be updating everyone as soon as i get it!
lets cross our already crossed fingers it actually comes out this tuesday.....

does anyone else wanna call and ask if the date is correct? so we can see if the date is consistent maybe it'll be true....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

just called samsung canada too......
and they told me the lte version has been released in korea on septermber 26th....and he told me to call rogers to see when the release date will be

well, it wasnt very helpful but if it was released in korea already, the release date shouldn't be far off......
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

drummergirl: Hope you got awesome news which Im praying for, cause I called Rogers 2hrs ago and asked for Retention and they didn't know anything either.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

sorry everyone i called too and theres nothing about oct 25 release anywhere that the guy could find
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I hate to add more confusion to the mix but I just got off the phone with a Rogers Rep who told me the realease date for Galaxy S2 LTE is November 8th.

not sure how true that is

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah and i got scammed into another 3 year contract, i didnt realize by switching my plan meant resigning the contract. i will not be staying with rogers and will probably just buy out the contract to get away from them