Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

The problem is...no one knows what is going on @ rogers.  Unlike the updates for the iphone and just about anything else, there is no information about the gs2 at all.  I don't think that the gs2 has been cancelled, but who knows...it might be replaced by the nexus???

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I really doubt it's been cancelled, they will have the razr, S2 and nexus all by the end of the year. The issue here is that rogers just isn't answering any of our pleas for the tinniest bit of information that they promised us when they launched their Lte network. We would just like a small fraction of the focus afforded to Apple customers.

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

The S2 seems better than any upcoming phone overall and the user can replace the battery unlike the RAZR. If it means waiting to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich in a couple of months (probably by the time we get the flippin phone) since any Android device with 2.3 or greater will be able to upgrade, I'd still rather have the S2. But the S2 most likely won't have NFC like the Nexus but by the time NFC is fully up and running in stores, will be longer than 3 years I imagine so no biggie for what I plan on using it for...I'd just love to put all of my payment and points cards on one device and scrap the Costanza wallet once and for all, haha.

drummergurl21
I Plan to Stick Around

im with ya on that!

i think im gonna stick with the s2....ive fallen in love with that phone since it was first announced by samsung....before it became the number one android phone

i would never get the razr as im not a fan of motorola in general...

but i am a little stuck between the s2 and the nexus

the thing i love about the nexus is the time-lapse camera and the no shakiness camera

the new camera has really cool features, which brings me to my question:

is the new camera look and the features included with it (time-lapse, panaroma, etc) included just with the nexus or is it a part of Icecream Sandwhich in general? for some reason I cant think if its a hardware thing or a software thing........ : \

Pierced
I Plan to Stick Around

I assume the OS update to ICS would allow for all the new ICS camera app features but the hardware is what it is, therefore lag time for S2 would remain the same?

saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

rogers will not cancel the s2 and it will be delayed until mid of November or even before Christmas all of that because of the iphone, we will see in mid November bell will release the galaxy nexus and we will watch them like a stupid customers!!!
saadgh
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to squareone mall and the silly thin that rogers store has a big sign the rogers have the fastest network and its available NOW!!! I went inside the store and I asked the guy if they have any LTE devices he said no we don't its coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have enough of that soon
rogers of you don't have any LTE device why you put your silly sign out side your store if you say available NOW! !! Where it is!!! Can any rogers rep answer my question! !!!!!!
mbazdell

@saadgh wrote:
I went to squareone mall and the silly thin that rogers store has a big sign the rogers have the fastest network and its available NOW!!! I went inside the store and I asked the guy if they have any LTE devices he said no we don't its coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have enough of that soon
rogers of you don't have any LTE device why you put your silly sign out side your store if you say available NOW! !! Where it is!!! Can any rogers rep answer my question! !!!!!!

In fairness, they do have the USB Rocket Stick that is LTE. Also if you go here http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices#htctablet you can order the HTC tablet. So, yes they do have LTE devices.. Just not any anybody would use.

mbazdell

@Pierced wrote:

I assume the OS update to ICS would allow for all the new ICS camera app features but the hardware is what it is, therefore lag time for S2 would remain the same?

I was thinking about this earlier too. The camera and the gpu is different. So it really depends on the drivers and the model of SGS2 you have. Perhaps ICS camera speed would match, but I doubt it. I'm even skeptical about ICS coming to the SGS2 series now because of the 720p resolution the Galaxy Nexus has and all other devices that are immediately slated for ICS early 2012.

cdgrant
I've Been Here Awhile

It's quite disheartening to see such obvious ignoring of customers by rogers in regards to androids, anything to make apple happy it seems. I actually just renewed another 3 year term with rogers last night to get in on the 6gb data plan and other than their android shenanigans they're probably the best of the big players in Canada. May have been an unwise decision as intend to get the s2 myself but at this rate it looks as though they've won the battle vs me and may force me into choosing a subpar competitor to the iCult.