Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

If you look at the recent price drop on a number of comparable phones to the Galaxy S2 LTE, it can only be just a matter of days until the S2 is released. It probably would have been sooner if it weren't for the iPhone 4s. From what I hear the S2 should be coming out on the 18th (Tuesday).

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The weired thigh is when you ask rogers reps they don't know any thing about the LTE or the release date I even asked them about the HTC LTE tablet which is should be out tomorrow they don't know any thing about it!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As an iPhoner, forgive ke for asking...

but can we not update the sgs2 to ice-cream sandwich (4.0)?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah the Ice Cream Sandwich update wont take too long.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I too am still waiting...and like most others on this forum, i check this thing everyday if not twice a day!

what im thinking is that they probably have a special deal with apple....obviously apple wants to be the best and since theyre 4s announcement was almost horrible, they probably have this special deal in an attempt to beat samsung's number of 20 million units sold so that they can be the best phone in the world.....so thats probably why no release date because if people knew a date they would wait for it and forget the 4s in general.....does anyone remember hearing how people who sold phones were not aloud to speak of the new iphone before it was released? well im sure thats what theyre doing with the SII.....

i almost completely blame apple....almost

what are your guys' thoughts? i'd love to see this issue differently.....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@drummergurl21 wrote:

I too am still waiting...and like most others on this forum, i check this thing everyday if not twice a day!

what im thinking is that they probably have a special deal with apple....obviously apple wants to be the best and since theyre 4s announcement was almost horrible, they probably have this special deal in an attempt to beat samsung's number of 20 million units sold so that they can be the best phone in the world.....so thats probably why no release date because if people knew a date they would wait for it and forget the 4s in general.....does anyone remember hearing how people who sold phones were not aloud to speak of the new iphone before it was released? well im sure thats what theyre doing with the SII.....

i almost completely blame apple....almost

what are your guys' thoughts? i'd love to see this issue differently.....

I would hate to think that you're right.  As I've written here before, I don't think there are a lot of fence sitters trying to choose between iPhone and Android.  Oh, there are bound to be a few but by and large I believe that they are two different camps with different philosophies and ne'er the twain shall meet.  I, for example, wouldn't use an iPhone if it was GIVEN to me.

If I'm right, why would Rogers' antagonize one group of customers in favour of another?  It's not like one group will cannibilize sales of the other...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I went to a Rogers store yesterday and spoke to an employee to ask about the S2 and was told that Rogers will be launching it on November 4th. I asked the employee if this was the same as them announcing the phone would lauch on October the 18th, and he replied that the 18th were just rumours they heard and were telling customers; the 4th is an actually internal launch date that they have been told. However, I find it very hard to believe that date considering that no one else has been able to verify this. Can anyone else confirm this November 4th date?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@me14242 wrote:

I went to a Rogers store yesterday and spoke to an employee to ask about the S2 and was told that Rogers will be launching it on November 4th. I asked the employee if this was the same as them announcing the phone would lauch on October the 18th, and he replied that the 18th were just rumours they heard and were telling customers; the 4th is an actually internal launch date that they have been told. However, I find it very hard to believe that date considering that no one else has been able to verify this. Can anyone else confirm this November 4th date?

Geezus... I was hoping Nov 4 might be the Canadian release date for the PRIME not the SII lte

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung will univel the nexus prime today exactly after 30 min 7 pm eastern time this release is a reply for the iphone4s watch it and you will be amazed, did you folks heared about the complained that the phone 4s useless having a yellowish tint on the screen of the amazing iphone4s!!! All new from inside!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Iphone users keep an.eye on your screen any way you still have some time to switch to gs2 apple is a dead company ; rogers release the gs2 asap you won't make any more sales with this just release the s2 and watch for the people who habeas the iphone returning their phones