Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Everyday that goes buy is one day closer to the end of my contract.  I've been with Rogers for 9 years but the phone selection is pushing me away.  By the time the Galaxy S2 comes out at Rogers, the S3 will be announced.  I also find the 200$ subsidised price outrageous for a phone that has been out for almost a year.  Bell is offering the phone for 50$ less and is giving a 75$ rebate to people who switch.  Bell will probably lower the S2 to 100$ when Rogers finally releases there LTE version so Bell's offering will be 175$ cheaper.....  Only 3 months left on my contract.... thanks for making it so easy Rogers!

I Plan to Stick Around

@TravisP wrote:

So i have a quick question. If anyone could answer it would be amazing. Im possition 916 ( yea i know far from first) but am i possition 916 just in the one store ive chosen to pick it up from? all of my city (edmonton)? all of my province (alberta)? because 916 city wide isnt bad when theres so many places, but 916 from one store is terrible... Any help would be amazing. Btw to answer some peoples questions i too have spoken to sevrel representitves all of them said In october it would be released, along with one was spacific enough to say as off one to three days after the 18th the relese of their new tablet.

if I'm not mistaken and I'm fairly certain I'm not, you'd be 916 in the COUNTRY

I Plan to Stick Around

@Ryan_U wrote:

Everyday that goes buy is one day closer to the end of my contract.  I've been with Rogers for 9 years but the phone selection is pushing me away.  By the time the Galaxy S2 comes out at Rogers, the S3 will be announced.  I also find the 200$ subsidised price outrageous for a phone that has been out for almost a year.  Bell is offering the phone for 50$ less and is giving a 75$ rebate to people who switch.  Bell will probably lower the S2 to 100$ when Rogers finally releases there LTE version so Bell's offering will be 175$ cheaper.....  Only 3 months left on my contract.... thanks for making it so easy Rogers!

Actually, Bell and someone else Virgin?  were offering the GS2 for $65 recently.

I'm Here A Lot

Oh!! Thats a huge relife. That means i shouldnt have a problem getting the phone on day one if out of all of canada's 33 million people im 910 now Smiley Happy Thanks for the information!

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, its gotta be soon now.  I just noticed that Rogers has dropped the 3 year contract prices online for the Evo 3D, LG Optimus and a few others to $0.01 on select 3 year plans.  Hmmmm glitch in the system or making room for some new phones????

I Plan to Stick Around

Buddy, forget about the Galaxy Nexus...the GS2 HD LTE is the phone to go with...same specs as GS2 LTE but it has a HD screen like the one on Galaxy Nexus

Highlighted
I've Been Around

then, I want to know when will rogers have samsung galaxy s2?  I don't want the lte one, it is too large for me....

telus, it seems that coming soon~

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers will release the iphone 4s before the gs2 lte, no one will buy this crappy phone any more I meant the iphone 4s, what is good in this phone, the speed 1ghz dual core????
Or the screen size 3.5”??????

Come on Rogers, I know its American product but we should still support the best phone.

People sold their iphone to get the iphone 5 but they were surprised with the new feature of the iphone 4s (all new from inside)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would you consider this a good or fast product any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any way most Rogers rep saying the gs2 MAY BE available at the end of the month!!!

Good luck folks
I Plan to Stick Around

@polishpat wrote:

Buddy, forget about the Galaxy Nexus...the GS2 HD LTE is the phone to go with...same specs as GS2 LTE but it has a HD screen like the one on Galaxy Nexus

nope... if given identical specs the Nexus line are the phones to go with.  No bloatware from Rogers or Samsung and timely and ongoing updates direct from Google.  My Nexus One recently got an OTA upgrade to 2.3.6.  How many Samsung phones (or any other brand for that matter) from the same era can make that claim. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers, you're already behind once your LTE phone eventually comes out. Quad Core ftw GG.

Samsung S3