Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Hey! I was at the Eaton Centre, checked out The Telephone Booth Store, The Rogers Kisok, The Rogers Store, & Wireless Wave, these are the responses:

Telephone Booth Store - not anytime soon, probably expect a shipment END OF NEXT WEEK (OCT 7TH)

Rogers Kisok - expected shipment next week, over the weekend for monday's release

Rogers Store - delayed Until November 2011 (?!) ... i was like WTF, I am number 5 on the waiting queue .... the rep is like, no shipment yet

Wireless Wave - what do you mean by LTE Samsung Galaxy S2, you must have it confused with Bell's Samsung Galaxy S2, or Enfuse Samsung Galaxy S2, which is way better than the LTE you are mentioning, ....I was like, **bleep**! ... sigh...roger's dropped the ball on this one too!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think it's safe to say they haven't moved at all on the list. Being that I'm #6, I can't imagine that they would get any shipment that wasn't large enough to get to me and I haven't heard a peep. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#6 on the "so called" waiting list.  I am at #280, started at 311 three weeks ago.  So I guess the only reason I've been moving up the list is people cancelling their reserved device.  You'd think they'd have "new devices" for the "new network" once the network launched??? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

will there be a different plan for LTE phone?

or can we still use smartphone data plan?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL. I'm 611 in line, so i don't feel too bad about people before me who are impatient, haha. Hope that makes you feel better.
I was hoping the device would launch before the iPhone5 madness begins (i thnk it should be announced Tuesday or Wednesday), but i guess that doesnt really affect us.
I was also sceptical about the LTE plans and was 90% certain i would be sticking with HSPA but the 10gig plan sounds like it might be worth considering. Netflix seems to work fine on my 1st gen galaxy over 3g (just slightly choppy, probably bcos of hardware though) so im excited at the prospect of streaming over LTE.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

How is a 52$/month data plan worth it? Even if it is 10GB?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Dropped in at my local Rogers Plus store today to see if they had any word on when I might get my SGS2 LTE.  They have no information.  Rogers corporate remains silent - their promised "weekly emails from us with a status on your reservation and approximate timing on the shipment of your device for pick up" continue to elude my inbox.

Keep posting your updates, Rogers is ignoring us.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This certainly is a head scratcher....

Lately I have been looking at the competition, namely Bell, and they just seem to have the best selection of Android phones and new releases.

btw I noticed that AT&T announced their S2 release date Oct 2nd, perhaps this is inline with what Rogers is doing?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So I got this email from Rogers today.

When Rogers first announced plans to deploy LTE, we vowed to bring the world’s fastest wireless network technology across Canada as quickly as we could. City by city, Rogers is making that a reality.

Yesteday Rogers launched our LTE network in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, joining Ottawa where Rogers launched Canada's first LTE network back in July. Now, more than 5.5 million Canadians have access to LTE with Rogers – more than any other wireless company in Canada.

On October 18, we kick off what will be the widest selection of devices with a Rogers exclusive HTC Jetstream LTE tablet, the fastest tablet in Canada. This Android 3.1 tablet boasts LTE + Wi-Fi  connectivity, a 10" high resolution touchscreen, 32 GB capacity, and dual-core 1.5GHz processor. Add the HTC Scribe digital pen accessory and you can even sketch, highlight, take notes, or sign documents on your tablet. Rogers customers can reserve this tablet, the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE smartphone, or the LTE Rocketmobile hotspot (Sierra Wireless AirCard 754S) online today at www.rogers.com/lte.

To celebrate the expansion of Canada's first LTE network, we've also introduced a special, limited time offer that provides LTE customers a chance to purchase one of Rogers largest ever data buckets – 10GB for $52.93 per month on a 3 year plan.

The national launch of LTE reinforces Rogers proud history of innovative firsts and commitment to investing to build Canada's digital future. Thanks again for your support of LTE and moving Canada forward.

- Miranda 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

thatsstill a month away!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gpsniper wrote:
So I got this email from Rogers today.

When Rogers first announced plans to deploy LTE, we vowed to bring the world’s fastest wireless network technology across Canada as quickly as we could. City by city, Rogers is making that a reality.

Yesteday Rogers launched our LTE network in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, joining Ottawa where Rogers launched Canada's first LTE network back in July. Now, more than 5.5 million Canadians have access to LTE with Rogers – more than any other wireless company in Canada.

On October 18, we kick off what will be the widest selection of devices with a Rogers exclusive HTC Jetstream LTE tablet, the fastest tablet in Canada. This Android 3.1 tablet boasts LTE + Wi-Fi  connectivity, a 10" high resolution touchscreen, 32 GB capacity, and dual-core 1.5GHz processor. Add the HTC Scribe digital pen accessory and you can even sketch, highlight, take notes, or sign documents on your tablet. Rogers customers can reserve this tablet, the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE smartphone, or the LTE Rocketmobile hotspot (Sierra Wireless AirCard 754S) online today at www.rogers.com/lte.

To celebrate the expansion of Canada's first LTE network, we've also introduced a special, limited time offer that provides LTE customers a chance to purchase one of Rogers largest ever data buckets – 10GB for $52.93 per month on a 3 year plan.

The national launch of LTE reinforces Rogers proud history of innovative firsts and commitment to investing to build Canada's digital future. Thanks again for your support of LTE and moving Canada forward.

- Miranda 

That's all well and good but parse that message carefully because it doesn't say that the Galaxy S II LTE will be available on October 18.  What it says is: "On October 18, we kick off what will be the widest selection of devices with a Rogers exclusive HTC Jetstream LTE tablet, the fastest tablet in Canada."  So the Jetstream will be available on the 18th.  But what about the GS2?  All it says about that is that you can reserve it.

They're very sly.  At first glance I said "well at least now we know", but we don't know.  We still don't have a date for the phone we're all waiting for.