Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Rogers has apparently announced Sept, 28th as the release date for the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE device, according to Mobile Syrup:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/09/14/rogers-launching-lte-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-september-28th/

Strangely, Rogers Redboard is still showing a relatively-old posting from Sept. 8th about a Galaxy Tablet.

Not much coordinated effort going on wirth these annoucements, eh ?   ;-)

I've Been Here Awhile

On the 14th @rogersElise replied to @jonb204's question:

@RogersElise I have the option to reserve the device here and I know we won't have LTE when released. Will it work on the HSPA+ network?

Her Response which was later retracted:

Yes it will. I actually just got more info - the device will be available throughout Canada as of September 28.

She said she was confused about the launch date.... but this statement also mentiones where the phone will be available.  Kinda hard to confuse LTE in a single city with a device launched "throughout Canada".  Some information she received applied to "throughout Canada".  I believe this really is the release date, but either way I think the availability WILL be nation wide based on the leaked/retracted statement.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:
On the off chance that someone from Rogers will respond... the automated response to my reservation said I would receive weekly status updates by email. I have received no such updates as we enter week 3. Has someone dropped the ball or is thee really nothing to report. Speculation breeds contempt.

Well, here we are, halfway through week four and I still haven't received my first "weekly update" that Rogers promised in their reservation confirmation message.

Still speculating.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

hi guys ,

i think this is all good news i was just about to try and buy SG S2 and unlock if for the rigers network

looks like a beaytiful phone im very tired of apple

Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Just switched from an iPhone 4, bought the GS2 unlocked full price, i dont regret it ONE SECOND. I was tired of Apple same old 4x4 screen, broken notification system, closed policies and lack of customization options. I will get the GS2 LTE when it comes out and sell this one

I Plan to Stick Around

@jckelly wrote:

@jckelly wrote:
On the off chance that someone from Rogers will respond... the automated response to my reservation said I would receive weekly status updates by email. I have received no such updates as we enter week 3. Has someone dropped the ball or is thee really nothing to report. Speculation breeds contempt.

Well, here we are, halfway through week four and I still haven't received my first "weekly update" that Rogers promised in their reservation confirmation message.

Still speculating.

My weekly update (seeing Rogers isn't providing their's as they promised):

We're into week 5.  No official word from Rogers. LTE goes live in Toronto today. Will this be release day for the phone as well?  There has been some speculation that it will. Then again, I heard a rumour that Rogers has some stock but not enough to release. But, if that's the case, why not start shipping to those on the reservation list?  I ask again, Why the secrecy?

I Plan to Stick Around

I am still waiting to and have yet to receive "an automated update" from Rogers either (I've been on the "list" for three weeks now).  Is anyone else on the waiting list?  Have they moved much (if any) on the waiting list???

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been on the list since the beginning as well and no updates. I'd love to know I can pick up my phone today or sometime this week. It would be nice to hear something.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think it's safe to say they haven't moved at all on the list. Being that I'm #6, I can't imagine that they would get any shipment that wasn't large enough to get to me and I haven't heard a peep.
I Plan to Stick Around

I saw an ad from rogers with SGS2 LTE in the news paper.

but it still said "coming soon" =[