Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Can anyone confirm if the Rogers version has a 1.5 GHz processor or the 1.2 GHz?

I've Been Here Awhile

"Can anyone confirm if the Rogers version has a 1.5 GHz processor or the 1.2 GHz?"

Well that's the whole thing, it hasn't been officially released yet, it's just what has been "leaked" that it has a 1.5, upgraded from the S2's 1.2, but what scares me is that Bell's S2 4G isn't a real 4G phone, so if Rogers DIDN'T make a typo in saying the new LTE we're putting on hold is a 1.2, then I'm wasting my time cuz it's not the real deal. We'll have to wait for the official launch from Samsung...
I Plan to Stick Around

@JJfurry wrote:
"Can anyone confirm if the Rogers version has a 1.5 GHz processor or the 1.2 GHz?"

Well that's the whole thing, it hasn't been officially released yet, it's just what has been "leaked" that it has a 1.5, upgraded from the S2's 1.2, but what scares me is that Bell's S2 4G isn't a real 4G phone, so if Rogers DIDN'T make a typo in saying the new LTE we're putting on hold is a 1.2, then I'm wasting my time cuz it's not the real deal. We'll have to wait for the official launch from Samsung...

The Samsung Galaxy S II LTE hasn't merely been "leaked", it was officially announced by Samsung. It has a 1.5Ghz dual core processor.  Additionally, the phone is actually called "galaxy s ii LTE" so there can be no confusion that it is a real "4G" phone.  I realize that the carriers are all playing games about what 4G is but there is no denying that LTE is real 4G.

[Update - more complete specs]

Samsung GALAXY S II LTE specifications

Network: LTE 800/1800/2600, HSUPA+ 900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
Processor: 1.5GHz Dual-Core
Display: 4.5″ WVGA Super AMOLED Plus
Camera: Main(Rear): 8 MP with LED Flash, Front: 2 MP
Video: Codec – MPEG4/H.263/H.264, Format – 3GPP, MPEG4, MKV, Playback -
@vga@30fps, Recording – QVGA @ 15fps
Audio: Codec – MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA,FLAC, OGG, 3.5mm Ear Jack
Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
Memory: 16GB Internal memory + microSD (up to 32GB)
Size: 68.8 x 129.8 x 9.49mm, 130.5g
Battery: Li-on 1,850 mAh

I Plan to Stick Around

Jckelly,

There are, however, different variants. For example, one of the U.S Carriers (AT&T?) is getting a Galaxy S II with a 4.2 inch screen (as opposed to 4.5). 

Some are also apparently confirmed at 1.2 Ghz while there is also info floating around about 1.5ghz. Rogers site says 1.2, so I wouldn't get too hyped about 1.5 ghz processor yet, although the 4.5' screen is apparently confirmed.

http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet

I've Been Here Awhile

JCKelly, did u not see the "" QUOTES on my "leaked", thx for the info! Second, we were talking about if Rogers had made an error on their website describing the LTE as having a 1.2 GHz as upposed to the 1.5 GHz which was "leaked" er..., sorry, ANNOUNCED....
I Plan to Stick Around

@hgjhgjhgkjhgjhg wrote:

There are, however, different variants. For example, one of the U.S Carriers (AT&T?) is getting a Galaxy S II with a 4.2 inch screen (as opposed to 4.5). 

Some are also apparently confirmed at 1.2 Ghz while there is also info floating around about 1.5ghz. Rogers site says 1.2, so I wouldn't get too hyped about 1.5 ghz processor yet, although the 4.5' screen is apparently confirmed.

http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet

Yes, the US carriers are getting the same Galaxy S II that Bell has in Canada 4.3" with 1.2Ghz dual core processor.  It is not the same as the LTE version that Rogers is getting which is 4.5" with 1.5Ghz processor (despite what Rogers claims on their site, Samsung is not releasing the Galaxy S II LTE with a 1.2Ghz processor - at least not according to their press release)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I believe that the Samsung Galaxy II LTE reservation list is at about 320 people.

I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think the 1.2/1.5 MHz may not be typo. Roger select to keep keep this topic silent.

That could be Hercules, intead of Celox.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg.aspx?msgid=27601670

I Plan to Stick Around

ya i dont think cariers usually downgrade the manufacteres cpu frequency so in my opinion it is highly unlikely that rogers will downgrade the sgs2 lte cpu to 1.2 , you my say its for the battery life and i will say that the 1.5 ghz cpu is  already optimized for a good battery life by samsung so rogers sholdnt worry about it and after all i dont think they are allowed to downgrade it ,samsung wont allow them ,it surely is a typo and  the specs are anounced and firm so im sure we are getting the 1.5 ghz lte . waybetter than the one that bell has , cheers .....

I Plan to Stick Around

On the off chance that someone from Rogers will respond... the automated response to my reservation said I would receive weekly status updates by email. I have received no such updates as we enter week 3. Has someone dropped the ball or is thee really nothing to report. Speculation breeds contempt.