Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I'm in Montreal and was able to reserve online to be shipped to a Rogers location in my area. Unknown whether or not it will be made available the same time as Ottawa/Toronto.

I Plan to Stick Around

@ssheane wrote:

Can you get the phone if you do not live in Ottawa or Toronto?  For those who have reserved, are you in those 2 areas?

Yes, I'm in Toronto but I don't think you need to be.  The phone is backward compatible and, living on the outskirts of Toronto myself, I doubt I'll get LTE speeds.

I Plan to Stick Around

@voseyvo wrote:

I thought I would be all about this phone when it came out.  But with the horrible upgrade frequency of Android on the Samsung Galaxy phones (whether it's Samsung's fault or Rogers'), I'm not so keen.  I mean Gingerbread has been out for months and even Bell and Telus have released it for their Samsung GS variants.

That is indeed a concern.  I'm currently running a Nexus One and it has indeed been a pleasure to see that I have been getting upgrades direct from Google as soon as they are ready.  I'll take the gamble this time and see how it goes.  By the time my next upgrade cycle rolls around Motorola may be a native Android shop -- and they've got some decent product too.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Now I want Hercules... the 4.5" screen version...

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm hoping it's just a typo & not another scam like Bell's S2 "4G", but under the specs of the new Rogers LTE page, it says it's got a 1.2 GHz processor when everywhere else they're saying 1.5 GHz... ?? Reserved mine, #20, but I hope it won't be 600 bucks...
I've Been Here Awhile

The specs seem to be clear for the LTE - it has a bigger screen, faster processor and upgraded battery.  I do not live in Ottawa or TO but I was able to reserve one - number 90 this morning.  Hope this puts to rest some of the negative comments on this thread!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

JJfurry wrote:
I'm hoping it's just a typo & not another scam like Bell's S2 "4G", but under the specs of the new Rogers LTE page, it says it's got a 1.2 GHz processor when everywhere else they're saying 1.5 GHz... ?? Reserved mine, #20, but I hope it won't be 600 bucks...

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/30/images-upcoming-rogers-lte-samsung-galaxy-s-ii/

"Taking a look around the GSII it seems to have the same overall specs and features as the current GSII from Bell, but has a glossy/smooth backing. In addition, the Android OS installed on this was 2.3.5 Gingerbread."

I Plan to Stick Around

I 've asked about this phone on Twitter to @RogersHelps and @RogersBuzz and neither will confirm or deny that rogers will be even carrying this phone even thought they already carry the Galaxy S1.

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

@HogWildMark wrote:

@I 've asked about this phone on Twitter to @RogersHelps and @RogersBuzz and neither will confirm or deny that rogers will be even carrying this phone even thought they already carry the Galaxy S1.

If your referring to the S2 then it has already been confirmed; hence the pre-order everyone has been posting about.

http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet

I Plan to Stick Around

I got stuck here.

I want to update my very-very old cell phone, which use pay-as-you-go.

Want to transfer to monthly with that advanced phone.

But the reservation need an existing Roger cell number, pay-as-you-go number is not allowed.

This fall into dilemma.