Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

I gotta start by saying that I'm really pissed that Rogers doesn't have the Galaxy SII.  My wife has the Captivate SI and it's really a great phone (aside from the lack of update to Gingerbread so long after it's been released).  For the number one carrier in the country to not have the best Android phone (most popular OS) - there's something really wrong with that.

Now, with that being said, the SII is about to be eclipsed by a slew of new phones, supposedly in October:

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-prime-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-possibly-among-deluge-of-upcoming-s... - bigger screens, better screen resolutions, faster processors, ice cream sandwich, etc.

Come October, Rogers had better show us better Android phones because there's no way I'd even consider locking into another 3 year term with the current selection.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now, with that being said, the SII is about to be eclipsed by a slew of new phones, supposedly in October:

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-prime-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-possibly-among-deluge-of-upcoming-s... - bigger screens, better screen resolutions, faster processors, ice cream sandwich, etc.

Ahh... now my post above makes perfect sense.  New phones being released in October, Rogers bringing out what by then will be outdated technology at the same time.  I should'a clued in.

Meanwhile, I've found Samsung-made car and desk docks for the Galaxy S II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRRSD3zaBM&feature=related and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQz6hKZ-gDY&NR=1).  No sign of them on the Canadian site but they are listed on Samsung's UK site.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersGina
Community Manager (Retired)
Moved:

I've Been Around

Like most of you I am waiting for the SG II to be available from Rogers.

If they don't then I'll probably look for other options online. Has anyone bought an unlocked phone from newegg.ca? Right now the SG II is retailing for $649.99 (free shipping) but out of stock.

I've Been Around

the post you postedwasa lie because samsung does not like to post there images of therenew phones and the release date for most of the phones one there areset to be 2012 so yes do not listen to that lnk 

I've Been Here Awhile

did you actually read my post?   It was regarding downloading photos FROM MY phone. Nothing more

I Plan to Stick Around

The funny thing about the S2 on Rogers.... The staff at Best Buy were told the Infuse is the S2 in Canada. For awhile I was actually pissed off after heading that. Now that I know that it's a different phone all together I'm not even sure if I will get one. The S2 and the Infuse feel cheap. Like they are built with inferior parts. I don't understand how a phone that is so light can handle everyday use. I'll wait and get the Galaxy Tab 10.1 4g, unlocked of course!
I've Been Here Awhile

You think the S2 "feel cheap" because they are "so light" and therefore are made of "inferior parts".  Even though materials like carbon fibre and Duralumin are very light and also stronger in many ways than heavier materials like glass.  
I don't see how you go from the S2 to buying a 10 inch tablet to use as a phone.... unless you never intended to use it as a phone in which case you could also consider laptops.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I thought I would be all about this phone when it came out.  But with the horrible upgrade frequency of Android on the Samsung Galaxy phones (whether it's Samsung's fault or Rogers'), I'm not so keen.  I mean Gingerbread has been out for months and even Bell and Telus have released it for their Samsung GS variants.

I've Been Here Awhile

Can you get the phone if you do not live in Ottawa or Toronto?  For those who have reserved, are you in those 2 areas?