Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

@Petey1013 wrote:

Rogers Reps avoiding this thread like the plague.  I hope someone gets fired over this fiasco.

Why on earth would you wish something like that on someone o.O

What fiasco? the possiblity of your carrier not carrying your precious S2? I'm upset at the lack of their Android lineup as well but seriously? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

VGrove: just to let you know man, not only am I a customer, but I am also a Rogers employee. So we are not all being absent from these threads

I've Been Here Awhile

Melly: I agree with you 100%. I have been really disappointed with the phones we have been picking up lately. I was hoping we would have tried harder to get the S2 for its launch in Canada. However, there is still hopethat Rogers will carry it in the near future. I kind of reservin judgement on the Evo 3D for the time being. I know HTCs track record has been knda sketchy but I won't say a phone is garbage until I haveactually tried using t first.

I've Been Around

A couple of weeks ago I was in a Roges store and the rep said they were expecting the s2 at the end of July, well now it's the end of July and no S2.

It seems to me that rogers is only intrested in gimmicky phones (3D) or lower-end phones.  In the last few months several really good phones have been released and they've all gone to Bell, Rogers doesn't seem to be able to compete.  Not sure what they're thinking but my contract is up and I was willing to sign up for another 3 years with a good deal on an S2 but with the competition now offering wireless rates that you really have to consider (Mobilicity, Wind, etc). 

I've been with Rogers since they were Cantel and I haven't really felt a need to switch but I'm seriously considering it now.

I've Been Around

You guys forget that there are exclusivity deals in place that don't allow a carrier to carry  another carrier's phone for tha limited time. Just like Rogers got the exclusivity on the iPhone, then a few months later it was being offered by Fido, and Telus. 

Same rules apply here. Bell got the G2 exclusivity deal so for a few months they will be the only ones selling it, just to get an advance in the market place for the phone. After a few months maybe in septembre Rogers will offer the G2.

I've Been Here Awhile

btuey:  It is unfortunate that there isn't more like you, who actually join discussions and give hope to those using your services.

Maybe it's time Rogers really looked at how their employees are helping.  I can't tell you the frustration I have had with Rogers people saying "that's just the way it is, nothing can be done", only  to find out that if I call Bell, they say that they can do it.  Then I tell Rogers I'm leaving, and magically, it can be done.

I find too many times (and I have seen it in these forums), Rogers tends to run their systems (forums, call centers) as dictatorships.  They say what is what, and that is it, and don't offer any type of help or middle ground.

Sorry, I'm getting off topic here on a rant.

I've heard rumours about the S2 coming to Rogers as well, but only after the Iphone (due to the exclusivity agreement thing).  It's just too bad that Rogers is limiting themselves simply because of an Iphone that has not even come out yet.

It just seems like the people who are in charge of deciding which phones to get are far out of touch with what their customers actually want.

I've Been Here Awhile

I heard from a Rogers Rep that Bell has a 90 day exclusivity on this phone and that they should expect to have it by September. Take that with a grain of salt as I'm sure his information came from a site similar to this.

I've Been Here Awhile

Spoke witha  Rogers rep today who confirmed that the S2 would be available ONLY after the iPhone5. Basically he told me that if Rogers wants the iPhone5 they have to play by Apple's rules, and therefor are not allowed to release any new devices within a certain period of the still unconfirmed launch date.

So everyone out there wanting a new phone from Rogers you can thank Apple for putting a long wait on us.......

I've Been Here Awhile

very interesting to read what everyone is thinking... i do not believe that there was any exclusivity signed against rogers. I believe we should be more careful on accepting the truth of what the customer agent from Rogers Customer Relations tells you.

I had couple encounters with Rogers Customer Agent from Customer Relations telling me lies. It is recorded and i have the interaction ID.

1. the customer rep told me that Rogers has the SGS2 and referred to Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G. I had to explain the difference and she still insisted that the Infuse 4G was the SGS2. 

2. after this i called again and asked if i can get a hardware upgrade to Infuse 4G, and the customer agent apologized and told me that it is not available. It had been delayed and won't be out until September. This was after the official  launch of Samsung Galaxy Infuse 4G from Rogers, and i personally saw one, the day before. 

Considering these two encounters, i believe the customer agents are just not trained properly and they tell the customers something that is not yet proven.

Dear friends, please use your discretion on accepting what is true and what is not. Please do not quote the customer reps, as if it is the truth, because many times they are simply wrong. that is all. I am hopeful that other carriers will carry better phones very soon. Telus is bringing in a variant of Samsung Galaxy S2 called Hercules. It has just been release in mobile syrup. Good luck with you all. I am totally bound with Rogers right now. They are asking me to pay nearly $500 to terminate the contract. so i guess i'm gonna stick around with rogers for a bit.... just for a bit!

Dear Rogers Agent

If you are reading this, please realize the fact that your customers are smarter than your customer agents, and tell them to stop lie about what you have and what you don't have. Should you need background information, you can easily find out my customer information through my profile. The interactions should have been recorded and hence you can tell i'm not lying. Have great day!

I Plan to Stick Around

dtsean wrote:Telus is bringing in a variant of Samsung Galaxy S2 called Hercules. It has just been release in mobile syrup.
The Hercules is most likely going with a Qualcomm chip not Exynos, and may or may not be as powerful.  It is apparently spec'd to have a bigger screen, but the overall rounded "Nexus" look doesn't appeal to me.   So far it's looking more like an also-ran and I don't want to have to settle for anything less than the GSII.
Now... If we see a Nexus Prime anytime soon, I might have to take a step back for a better look at the situation.  That thing sounds killer.