Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

@jojo

Well hey, I hope you're right about the warranty for your sake. Though I wouldn't speak so surely about it being BS unless you have that actual proof otherwise, so that you don't steer others who aren't as well-informed in the wrong direction. And you can't seriously expect the manufacturer's warranty to say "device's warranty will be deemed defective once rooted and unlocked" because well for one thing devices are issued to you a certain way (locked and unrooted) from the carrier for a reason and the common consumer wouldn't even know anything about unlocking and rooting a device because that's not exactly the common thing to do when you purchase a phone (from the carrier's point of view anyway). Rooting an Android is technically "hacking/modifying" the software thus making it no longer in it's original condition when sold to you and if something were to go wrong once it's rooted, it's only normal to think that it makes sense the device would no longer be covered by the warranty. For the Android users that may know everything about rooting such as you and I, it seems only normal to purchase an Android phone and to root it. But again, for the common consumer, they wouldn't have a clue of such thing so it's not exactly something to be expected to see in the "manufacturer's warranty".

But hey, what do I know about Bell's warranty. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's not like I actually asked a Bell representative for the actual facts. All I can say is, before I ever unlock or root or jailbreak a phone, whatever goes down with the phone is my problem and I've already accepted the fact beforehand that my "modified device" will no longer be covered by the original manufacturer's warranty.

I've Been Here Awhile

nice, thanks for the tip about bell giving 200$ credit/ phone, I might do that as well, as the only phone I want is the samsung galaxy s2 and rogers is ego tripping to think Im gonna stay with them with the collection of mid-range phones they have...or the promised pre-order high end phones which are less qualified than the sgs2. it seems rogers became of one those companies which they looking for business with people who don't know the difference between two phones with 8mp... good luck with your new customers base, Im a 6yrs customer who planing to give up on you

I've Been Around

Here's a prime article on Samsung's performance and reference to why they did so well this quarter.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-24/samsung-may-have-surpassed-nokia-apple-in-second-quarter-sm...

Rogers, as a Telus customer for the past 7 years, I've been waiting for you as a carrier to step up to the plate and to get the S2 as 'technically' it is the best phone on the market from both a retail and now business oriented frame of mind.  Whether the rumours are true in that LTE is your primary focus or that you have an agreement with Apple so to be the first carrier in Canada to carry the next iPhone, I think either of those excuses are quite weak and certainly poor planning from a strategic and tactical perspective.  As I've always been impressed by your forward-thinking attitude and devotion to always providing the newest and best hardware, it was your network (I live in MB) that always prevented me from making the switch; however, I have recently been proven wrong as my work phone's reception throughout the province has been phenomenal since your agreement with MTS came into effect.  Now, when I was all set and ready to make the move, I'm finding it quite blatantly obvious that you don't take into consideration the most important and what should be the most heavily weighted opinion, that of your customers.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Reps avoiding this thread like the plague.  I hope someone gets fired over this fiasco.

I'm an Enthusiast

Yeah, this is, technically, a fiasco. I preferred the technical specs of the Samsung S2 which, technically, is much more superior than the technical specs of the EVO3D. Technically, when I renew my contract, I will be, strictly for technical reasons, switching to another carrier altogether. Technically.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So I just spoke with a Bell rep today and he heard that Bell's exclusive agreement on the S2 is only for the first two months and that Rogers and Telus will get the phone sometime in October. Being a Rogers customer for many years, I had been looking at buying one outright. Now I might just biode my time for the next couple of months. Hope this helps

I've Been Around

I really hope you're right, as that's when my contracts run out. I have a few phones, and I'm replacing all my blackberry's with Galaxy S2's, either through Rogers or whoever has them when the time comes.

I've Been Here Awhile

"Rogers Reps avoiding this thread like the plague.  I hope someone gets fired over this fiasco."

There is another Galaxy S2 thread that Gina from Rogers was replying to.  However, the replies where just trying to contain the spread of people complaining about Rogers not getting the S2.

Rogers than locked the thread so that no one else can respond.

Rogers and their reps here and on the phone are useless and pay no attention to what their customers want.  They tell them what they want and then disappear.

Just look at their newest offering of phones.  They are all phones that nobody wants (Evo 3D / Optimus 3D) or phones that are behind in specs (Galaxy Infuse).

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don't understand why my connect was deleted. I simply said I don't think I could buy an Android because I would have to wait on the carriers for OS upgrades. This is simply a fact. iOS updates are available through Apple without having to wait on anyone else. What about that comment made it a target for deletion?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Vgrove wrote:

Rogers and their reps here and on the phone are useless and pay no attention to what their customers want.  They tell them what they want and then disappear.

Well...while the "Rogers people" here on the forum may represent Rogers, they're also just technically forum Administrators to answer questions to the best of their ability. This isn't a customer service forum so you can't really expect them to make life-changing differences every time someone comes on here and makes a vast complaint directly at the company ;P