Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2

Really? I've bought smartphones outright from them plenty times. Most of the time they don't even ask for a reason and if they do, I just say I lost my phone. What's the point of an "outright" price if they can't sell it outright
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Try another bestbuy. I went there yesterday and they said that they would be able to sell it outright. I was rushed so I didn't ask if they need a 30 days minimum activation or any other charge.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

"However Rogers will be carrying the Samsung Galaxy Q in case you'd rather wait for something more new and the latest "

You mean this Galaxy Q?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mysterious-Samsung-Galaxy-Q-Heading-to-Rogers-212634.shtml

"However, this is not the recently rumored Galaxy Q monster with 5.3-inch display and dual-core processor that is expected to make its appearance at the 2011 IFA, in early September.

Rogers' Samsung Galaxy Q seems to be just an entry-level Android-based smartphone that will be launched once the “Back-to-School” promotion starts, along with other interesting mobile phones, including the Nokia X7 and the LG Phoenix.

Furthermore, it appears that the phone will be delivered with a mid-size 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen and will be aimed at Android fans that use their phones as typing machines."

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Entry-level? Lol lame. I didn't actually read the article. Forget what I said xD
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ha, all good - I was excited too until I read closer, and now I too am disappointed.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yeah, right now I am month to month with an old Blackberry Bold...for months I have been set on waiting for the S2 and was ready to sign on for a 3 year contract to get it at a reduced price...but now...er, not sure what I want to do.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to buy one for $599.99 at The Telephone Booth in Masonville Mall in London without any trouble.  Yay!

They also had a deal on the Samsung Galaxy Tab: $50 + 3-year term at $20/month.  So I went for that too.  Very cool.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@jdabc

wow that's tempting! could you use the galaxy sII right away on Rogers network? or do you have to unlock it first? Is there any activation fee or 30 days term? What is the total price for everything included? It might be easier to buy the unlocked version directly from a Canadian online dealer if you have a budget of 700-750 bucks.

p.s.

The tab is really a deal. I wish we have Tbooth down here.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@dewy

There's no catch when buying a phone outright. So it's $599.99 + whatever taxes and the phone is his. And it's not a Rogers phone so he definitely has to go get it unlocked first before being able to use it. It's easy buying a phone outright from a different carrier to unlock it and use it with your carrier, the only thing is once you unlock it, the warranty for that phone will be become voided and is no longer in the hands of the original carrier. So that's the big risk you take.

I'm Here A Lot

I bought a galaxy s2 phone from bell yesterday.

I was able to get the master unlock code and was able to avoid paying $75 and waiting 30 days.

i have an unlocked phone now on rogers with full warrantee.

consumers threaten that warrantee is voided if you root the phone and obtain the unlock code but i have NEVER heard of anyone having their warrantee voided cause they rooted the phone... its bs

read samsungs warrantee, it says nothing about rooting the phone.  i read it yesterday.

the warrantee is with the manufactorer not the carrier.  bell just send the phone back to samsung to ger repaired, they dont fix it themselves.

the warrantee is never with the carrier...its with the manufactorer.