Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus OS/Security Updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus OS/Security Updates

At least the S9/S9+ is listed, I'm still on June Security update on my S10+ :S

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well - My S10+ is also on the June Security Patch - Which is one of the reasons I posted the link to Fido's OS Update Schedule 😉
Fido is saying the expected date for the August Security Patch is September 3rd - So it's reasonable to believe that Rogers has the same date - They just haven't updated their OS Update Schedules yet...
I'm just making a little dig at Rogers - This isn't the first time that Fido has been providing the in ahead of it's Parent company
🐧

I've Been Around

I was automatically rolled into the Android 10 UI2 update on my Samsung S10 on December 17th, 2019.  Since that update most of my apps have not performed correctly.  Issues include:

-Location conflicts

-Security certificate issues

-Inability to access cached data

Most annoyingly affected apps include

-Spotify

-Uber/Uber Eats/Waze/Pretty much all apps that depend on maps or location settings

-Outlook (exchange server issues)

-Chrome (Can't access most popular websites.  Proper security certificate not available)

-Gmail (security issue with Chrome has exposed my cached passwords for 100 sites

All of the forums online show that an urgent security patch was released to users of the same device on Bell/Telus and mostly all providers in the US but specifically not Rogers.   The pixel is supposedly receiving updates now on Rogers but still not the Samsung S10 which is probably the most expensive Android phone.     Looking for clear messaging from Rogers when we will get the crucial security update.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

After every Android version update I always factory reset my device & have never had any issues.