Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Looking around there seems to be some confusion on how much RAM each model has. Cant find the answer on Samsung Canada.
Specs were listed as:
S10+ 128/8 GB
S10+512/8 GB
S10+ 1TB/12 GB

There are now threads going around that the 128 has 6GB not 8. Is there a confirmation anywhere that it is indeed 8?
Sigmahill
I Plan to Stick Around

@tierackk 

Mobilesyrup along with most US sites I've read has said 8GB for the 'standard' phones and 12GB for the 5G Ceramics.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/02/20/samsung-galaxy-s10-s10plus-s10e-canadian-specs-pricing-availabili...

tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around

So strange, there are pics posted, but maybe the demo units only had six.
They were from the US but from Samsung.ca the only info they mention is this in the

"Up to 12GB RAM only available on ceramic Galaxy S10+ models. RAM capacity may vary depending on model, colour, and country."
And
"Ceramic version only available on 8GB/512GB and 12GB/1TB Galaxy S10+ models."
No actual mention of the 128. Wish they could be clear. Thanks I guess I'll trust mobile syrup.

JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

People who think Rogers Trade In doesn't give them enough money compared to selling used must be shocked when they go to trade in their cars lol
tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around

Hmm this RAM this is getting more interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/android/comments/atcck5/_/
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

@tierackk

Is it me or those mentions of 6GB on Reddit was for the S10 model and not the S10+? Because someone mentioned: "Legit just checked my order and checked the website. I went from 8 to 6 gigs of RAM on the 512gb s10 model. I actually thought more ram was a nice bonus and I like the design of the s10 better. Now I have to get the s10+ if I want more ram. Come on Samsung"

Yoir earlier post focused on S10+ specs so if that's what your ordered you might have no issues, only the S10 might have issues?!?
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around

It is but was cross posted from this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxys10/comments/at9aau/_/
That thread starts off as s10 but then it also moves into the s10 plus. Essentially they are saying the s10 plus is 8gigs unlocked, but 6 if it's locked to a (US)carrier. Just a bunch of confusion at this point. I went with the 128 plus so I am trying to figure out what's the truth. I could have sworn when I went to Samsung and Rogers site and clicked pre-order they mentioned the variations of RAM. Now there is none..
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around

Well. That is reassuring. It seems like perhaps it's a US thing then? The people posting also had official Samsung promotional spec sheets that were sent to the stores, but then specs changed on orders and sites. Regardless of country/carrier I hope Samsung clears it up for people.