Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Hello @daniel10

Rogers NEVER stacks credits to that amount. If the amour is the promo credit is $300 then unfortunately they will only give u $300 for it. Not $675. They did the same with the S8 promote and they only gave $150 at the time.

So whomever said they stack? They are wrong. Rogers not any carrier stacks credits that much.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the insight @Meowmix!

And that's what I originally thought too, but based on my chat with the rep from Samsung earlier, and I made it very clear that I'll be purchasing my phone online and through an employee plan and they confirmed that the promotion applies.

If you go to the Redemption Chart on https://galaxyupgrade.ca/terms-of-service/ - it kind of makes sense. As they have an entry for Rogers In Store and Online. Why would they have an Online entry listed like that if the promo was not applicable? Plus, they differentiate between Instant Bonus and Bonus (cheque through...)

Partner/Purchase Method/Redemption Process/Trade In Bonus S10+/S10

Rogers / In-store / Instant Bonus + Trade in Value$ 200

Rogers / Online / Bonus + Trade in Value (Cheque through www.galaxyupgrade.ca) $ 200

Anyways, I'm 90% sure I'll go with it and cancel my Rogers.com reservation. And if it takes a few extra week, well, I'm sure I'll be fine 😊
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
That's dumb there's zero incentive for me to stay with Roger's then, when telus gives free ear buds . Mind you I not changing but still stupid on their part
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Free earbuds aren't as good as a 300$ trade up. I did the pre order on the s8+, which came with the gear vr headset. I used it for about 10 minutes before giving it away. I'd much rather trade up an old phone for a 300$ credit. By far.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Except the 300 means nothing when I'm trading in a device that's worth more than 300, SO I would rather have the free ear buds lol
Cause right now I'm getting nothing to upgrade lol
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

What I've heard is that if you don't buy the device from the Carrier - Then you may have issues with it and WiFi Calling & VoLTE - Seems that the Carriers want you to get the device from them & not directly from Samsung....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's 100% true for android. Devices purchased from the manufacturer won't work with video calling and VOLTE even though it's the same device as Rogers gets and sell to the customer
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shaggyskunk

Where have u been? Hiding under a rock? ( kidding). It's been like that for years. Unfortunately carriers can do whatever they want with Android. Apple controls everything so carriers play nice.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yup & THIS is worthy of a complaint to the CRTC! Exact same hardware & The Canadian Carriers also disable the Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles! I've Flashed the US One UI beta & Guess what - Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles are there! Now after every OTA you have to run adb commands to enable them! Carriers hoping that people will go over their Data plan?? It's a pretty cheap move on their part!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Cursee1

Lol that's true. However I have the Gear Icon X(2018) and love them! I don't like the Apple ones lol