cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual Samsung Galaxy Reservation thread! Once again its the time of the year that Samsung has announced their new Galaxy line up. Rogers has Opened up their reservations for the phones!

How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
Under Account choose Wireless.
Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
Click Upgrade My Device.
Choose The new Samsung Galaxy ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order”
Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
8. Select a store to pick up your phone.
9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses
Open - Phone has been reserved
In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 3 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

i now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

**Labels Added**

333 REPLIES 333

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

derrickabram
I've Been Here Awhile

I was #17 in line for a 128GB black S10+ and got an email that it had shipped to the store earlier this week however, I haven't gotten a call from the store yet.  My local store doesn't exactly have the highest level of customer service though so I wouldn't be shocked if I call or go in tomorrow morning and it's sitting there waiting for me lol!

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't be too shocked.  I ordered the 512 of the s10+ and had the same "shipping" notice - I called the store and asked them to check in the back "safe" and sure enough she came back and said it was there but i'm not allowed to pick it up until the 8th .. nobody called me ... glad I called them.

I got a feeling there will be a bunch of pissed off people who paid for the phone in full and who never got it shipped for march 8th and wondering where the heck it is with no updates... they will flood to the forums.  Rogers needs to fix that... 

derrickabram
I've Been Here Awhile
My wallet is already crying a little bit lol

Tobi78
I Plan to Stick Around
Just called my pick up location and they have the phones in store for the pre order folk only. They couldn't confirm that it's my order. Customer care apparently could do that. I'll just swing by tomorrow and hope for the best. Fingers crossed 🤞

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Yeah I've never had to pay upfront for any device that I had delivered to my home - Or when I've picked it up at the store.. Unless Rogers has changed their process since last September?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @shaggyskunk

Its been happening since they started this program. Just you haven't paid attention to it. I have seen I run the reservation threads for all device launches. All iPhone launches starting with the 7 and up had this too. Some had to py up front with their CC and some didn't. This including all devices.

So it does exist and it does happen, just u never seen it as u don't look at those other launch threads ;).

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my shipping notice.  UPS 3-5 days .  UPS doesn't even have info on the tracking number that was provided so there is no way this thing is getting here until at least Wed -> Friday of next week.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @User346346

UPS hasn't received it yet...... That's a waybill that was created for the shipment... This is something many will know if they use UPS or Purolator or even Canada Post...

Once they receive it and scan it in (tonight or tomorrow night) they will upload the scan a few hrs later and it will show the transit.

You will get the device on Friday. The 3-5 is generic and it's meant for if there is any weather or problems which may delay it.

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

UPS hasn't received it yet - yes that's my point.  I'll be surprised if I get it Friday - did you mean next Friday?  Otherwise UPS should be showing me something on the tracking number .... ?

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

So UPS just updated... they got the item about 8 minutes ago, and its a "next day" delivery in canada ... so looks like its scheduled to arrive tomorrow before 6pm EST.   Sounds promising! 

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

If anyone ordered the wireless headphones from best buy, i placed my order during the feb 20th announcements and just was notificed that shipping is delayed and they are offering $25 off your next purchase.  Guess those won't be on time.  No update on when they will be available.

DillonN
I Plan to Stick Around

@User346346 you got a shipping email for online order? What one did you get, did you preorder early?

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, got a tracking number for UPS and UPS confirms delivery for tomorrow.  S10+ 512, paid via credit card during preorder which was done Feb 20th during the announcement.  Ear buds via bestbuy will be delayed 😞

DillonN
I Plan to Stick Around

Ah thanks, I've pretty much given up hope of getting it tomorrow unless they're delayed in sending my email.. Also preordered during the announcement but got the 128

Neonridr
I Plan to Stick Around

well that's at least something.. I don't know how long the list is for people getting them shipped.. but I will keep an eye out for a UPS email.  Would be great to get them tomorrow.

As for the ear buds, most retailers are saying they aren't getting them until the 21st of March (which I thought was maybe a second shipment, but now I am thinking maybe they were delayed to that date instead.

tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around
So you ordered through best buy with their home delivery and not Rogers?

Edit: oh I missed read. You ordered just the buds from BB. Great that you are getting it tomorrow :). Maybe it's just 128's that get the shaft as more people likely ordered it. I'm thinking they want people in the stores to hopefully buy something else and to have foot traffic so the store pick ups get priority.

DillonN
I Plan to Stick Around

Man, I'm not interested in the buds but sucks for you that are. Sucks even more that people in the States have gotten them already and for free too

Rogers needs to step up their promotion game

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, didn't hear that about the buds.  Well at least best buy is making them $25 cheaper by giving out a credit if you pre-ordered.   

makovy
I Plan to Stick Around

S10+ White 128GB, pre-ordered and paid up-front to Ship to Home on release day. Still no shipping notice or e-mails. Bill is still the same on my account (in the negatives from the phone). Only thing that has changed is when I go to "Upgrade My Device" it gives me a charge and says my contract ends March 7th 2021.

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

@DillonN living in canada I've gotten used to getting abused by the telcoms here where I don't expect much.  When I was living in Australia for many years, 2 years ago i was paying $26AUD for the same plan I have with rogers that I now pay $130 for ... so I don't expect free buds given what goes on here 🙂

gaidin58
I Plan to Stick Around
Just got the ship to home email. It's exciting but I'll have to wait longer than most; UPS will have to get it out here to Alberta. 😞
Topic Stats