Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Don't feel bad. They're making me pay $699 for the S10, and I wasn't even on a contract.

I Plan to Stick Around

There is no tracking number provided when they ship phones to store, only when they ship it to home.

Indeed, a Rogers rep will be calling you, most likely on Friday when your phone is ready for pickup.

Enjoy your new phone! 😊
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @deeana_n

That is correct. Rogers used to provide tracking numbers for the ship to store but stopped that 2.5yrs ago. Reason being is that many kept calling UPS and or the Rogers stores constantly to see if it arrived and what not.

The Rogers store employee will contact the person when the device goes to the store. So they may start calling people as of today, tomorrow and Friday. Most stores call a day or see before hand to let them know that the device is in and to come pick up on Friday
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @User346346 & @gealachealiona

Rogers does not provide tracking numbers for the ship to store reservations anymore. They stopped that 2.5 years ago.

The store will call you once they receive it and scan it into the system.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tobi78

Not many are anymore. The forums was booming years ago however lately for many device launches ( for all phones) its been slow.

Why? Main reason is the pricing. WIth every year a new phone comes out, the price goes higher and higher. Not many can afford it any longer and are waiting 2-3 years now to do upgrades. That is why Samsung and Rogers and Bell are offering the trade in credit.

Also remember, Not many who bought the S9 / S9+ will go for the S10 or S10+ unless they sell their phone and what not. Not many are willing to sign another 2 year contract after a year and pay the device balance + the new device pricing. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
That's a very good point you're making. I still have the S7 Edge for that very reason. Another is that my contract ran out last November and I didn't want to go with the S9. I saved some cash to get the S10+. Prices are getting out of hand and in the area of high end laptops.
I'm still excited though 🤪

For the guys & gals that got a shipping notification already. Where do you live?
I'm in Vancouver and my status is still unchanged.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Tobi78 I live in Ontario and have two S10+ devices being shipped to local Rogers store. I messed up when I pre ordered and selected my wifes numbers I was at position 13 for S10+ black and then went back in to reserve a day later and was postion 75 for the same phone. I got the text and emails last night saying both were on there way so I'm going to cancel the one phone and give my wife my S8+ and sell off her S7 Edge privately. 

I also have a iPhone 5S that I picked up for S40 to use on the trade in on my new S10+

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@StuartG ...is the $699 has to be paid before collecting the S10 at the store or it will be spread out on the monthly bill plan?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kouadjo23

You have to pay that price plus taxes at the store before picking up the device. Unfortunately it does not go on the bill and it isn't a monthly payment.

So if the phone is $300 or $699? You pay that plus taxes in store.
I Plan to Stick Around

Does Rogers use UPS for "ship to home"?
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats