cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual Samsung Galaxy Reservation thread! Once again its the time of the year that Samsung has announced their new Galaxy line up. Rogers has Opened up their reservations for the phones!

How you will reserve if you’re an existing customer:
Under Account choose Wireless.
Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.
Click Upgrade My Device.
Choose The new Samsung Galaxy ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order”
Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)
Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.
Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.
The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.
If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.
8. Select a store to pick up your phone.
9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer
Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer
Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)
Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.
Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.
Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.
Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.
Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.
Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses
Open - Phone has been reserved
In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed
Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store
Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way
You’ll receive the following confirmations:
An email after completing the reservation
Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list
An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)
Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know
Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)
You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed
Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)
If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.
Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.
If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee
“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:
Your phone ships from our warehouse or
You cancel your reservation online.
Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 3 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

i now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

**Labels Added**

333 REPLIES 333

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around
I just got shipping notice for the device shipping to store. Friday will be a good day!!!

User346346
I Plan to Stick Around

Did they have a tracking number with yours?

I just got my shipping notice early this morning and nothing jumps out regarding a tracking number.

Guess I will wait for the phone call.

Don't feel bad. They're making me pay $699 for the S10, and I wasn't even on a contract.

deeana_n
I Plan to Stick Around
There is no tracking number provided when they ship phones to store, only when they ship it to home.

Indeed, a Rogers rep will be calling you, most likely on Friday when your phone is ready for pickup.

Enjoy your new phone! 😊

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @deeana_n

That is correct. Rogers used to provide tracking numbers for the ship to store but stopped that 2.5yrs ago. Reason being is that many kept calling UPS and or the Rogers stores constantly to see if it arrived and what not.

The Rogers store employee will contact the person when the device goes to the store. So they may start calling people as of today, tomorrow and Friday. Most stores call a day or see before hand to let them know that the device is in and to come pick up on Friday

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @User346346 & @gealachealiona

Rogers does not provide tracking numbers for the ship to store reservations anymore. They stopped that 2.5 years ago.

The store will call you once they receive it and scan it into the system.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tobi78

Not many are anymore. The forums was booming years ago however lately for many device launches ( for all phones) its been slow.

Why? Main reason is the pricing. WIth every year a new phone comes out, the price goes higher and higher. Not many can afford it any longer and are waiting 2-3 years now to do upgrades. That is why Samsung and Rogers and Bell are offering the trade in credit.

Also remember, Not many who bought the S9 / S9+ will go for the S10 or S10+ unless they sell their phone and what not. Not many are willing to sign another 2 year contract after a year and pay the device balance + the new device pricing. 

Tobi78
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix
That's a very good point you're making. I still have the S7 Edge for that very reason. Another is that my contract ran out last November and I didn't want to go with the S9. I saved some cash to get the S10+. Prices are getting out of hand and in the area of high end laptops.
I'm still excited though 🤪

For the guys & gals that got a shipping notification already. Where do you live?
I'm in Vancouver and my status is still unchanged.

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Tobi78 I live in Ontario and have two S10+ devices being shipped to local Rogers store. I messed up when I pre ordered and selected my wifes numbers I was at position 13 for S10+ black and then went back in to reserve a day later and was postion 75 for the same phone. I got the text and emails last night saying both were on there way so I'm going to cancel the one phone and give my wife my S8+ and sell off her S7 Edge privately. 

I also have a iPhone 5S that I picked up for S40 to use on the trade in on my new S10+

Kouadjo23
I Plan to Stick Around
@StuartG ...is the $699 has to be paid before collecting the S10 at the store or it will be spread out on the monthly bill plan?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Kouadjo23

You have to pay that price plus taxes at the store before picking up the device. Unfortunately it does not go on the bill and it isn't a monthly payment.

So if the phone is $300 or $699? You pay that plus taxes in store.

tierackk
I Plan to Stick Around
Does Rogers use UPS for "ship to home"?

denka
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix - question, so that what I did last time, but when reserving this phone I see that there is still some amount owed. If I paid for phone up front, what is the rest sitting on my account?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @tierackk

They will use UPS but sometimes they may use QMS or a smaller delivery service to push them out and deliver them.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @denka

Yes that's because u still have a owing balance on ur existing device u got from them last time. So i do believe Rogers will let u put that on the invoice ( one time payment on ur next bill). You can also pay that at the store upfront with the device price ( new device u will get).

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
When I get a new device I just order it by Phone & it's delivered without any upfront costs fwiw.
Still unsure about the S10+ dual holes in the perfectly good screen... 🙄

Neonridr
I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully they aren't too far behind getting these phones to us via the ship to home option.  I remember getting my S8 really quickly and being one of the first people to have one.  I am not too bummed if I have to wait until Monday / Tuesday to get mine, it's just a phone after all Smiley Tongue

Shame on the whole earbuds thing, I didn't think any Canadian phone provider was offering them, so I didn't even give any other carriers a second glance.  Had I known I might have taken a closer look at Telus plans / pricing.  I got the Gear VR bonus with my S8 last time, so who knows, maybe we will be surprised with the buds, although I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Phil15
I Plan to Stick Around

My status is still «OPEN», and it doesn't change... i'm still 88th... come on rogers...

hannah13
I've Been Here Awhile

any updates for "ship to home" people?

Terraforce18
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm 21 and still says Open to me
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats