Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Reservation / Questions

Hello @cez

That's because you had a older plan which wasn't available and offered anymore. So they wanted u to switch over to the new one
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pnguyen917

Yoy picked ship to home option. That option does NOT have any views of a status or a Que number. Only the reservations to store does.
I Plan to Stick Around

"From what I remember, those that ship to home didn't get it at launch compared to ship to store that got it either the day before or at launch" Sigh....
I Plan to Stick Around

@tierackk 

Edited because I was actually able to search my old posts heh

My experience was with the S8 launch.  I ordered the phone about week after pre-orders went live.   People were receiving their in store items on release day  including some walk ins.  My IMEI number was changed the night before official release but I only received the courier on the Monday or Tuesday after the release day (and that was to downtown Toronto).

The negative to the Pay now feature was the real lack of communication.  My credit card was charged but there was no updates from anybody.  I ended up on a lark looking at the My Rogers site and seeing my IMEI number was updated to know that I was being dealt with.  The timing was fine but the experience was meh considering the lack of communication.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
Does this mean I have to switch to a new plan with the S10?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone knows what is the cheapest device I could buy to be qualified for the trade in ($25 trade-in value)

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for looking into that Sigmahill. I'll keep an eye out on the IMEI change close to launch...good tip. I tried calling Rogers but I was told "you can't pick up a device from a store"....which let me know how this was going to go. After being transferred and placed on hold forever I gave up, which I feel might have been a part of the plan. I'm a pretty patient person and can wait for the phone, it's just that I am going on an international trip on the 10th and it would have be great. I'm using a 4 year old smartphone as I lost my S8 and wow let me tell you smartphones have come along way in 4 years. It's painful lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

@cez
I was able to keep mine. There is a tab on the right in which you can choose to keep existing plan(the same area with the premium tab plans). You don't get quite as much of a discount that way, but worth it if you want to keep a good plan.
I Plan to Stick Around

I would like to know too, please.
The Rogers deal is actually not so good if you factor in the difference between the value of the old device and Rogers' trade-in valuation (from www.rogers.com/trade). For instance, an used S6 cost around $200+ in the secondary market and Rogers' trade in is $40/$50.
I Plan to Stick Around

@A_Visitor in this case it will get you $300 theoretically if you chose ship to store.

With regards to plan changes for ship to store my past experience has been I work out the plan when I pick up the device at the store. Example: keep same plan and pay more for the device or get a higher end plan and pay less or even buy it outright, this is all worked out at the store. If your plan is too old and moving to a new plan to get the device cheaper doesn't make sense in thr long run the only option might be to buy it outright but you can decide then.