cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus OS/Security Updates

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

Any idea when the April update will be available? I want the new camera mode. The april update is not listed on Rogers OS Upgrade list. 

***EDITED LABELS***

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus OS/Security Updates

Lantec
I've been here awhile

I would like to know as well. The update is being pushed to US carriers already and I'm still stuck on March security patch.

RogersTony

Hello @FelipeVancim & @Lantec,

I can understand how important it is to ensure all of your devices are up-to-date, especially when it comes to security updates!

With the March Security Update being released quite recently it could be a bit of a wait until the April Security Update is released for your device. It is very important that adequate testing is done before any Updates are released. Generally, if you are using an Android device that is not the Google Pixel you can expect the security update to come in the following month, barring any issues that may arise during testing.

Please stay tuned to the OS Upgrade Schedule for the most up-to-date information on which updates are being released and when as well as what's coming in the near future. 

RogersTony

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

For the amount of money we pay rogers the update should be available as soon is released. 

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

So the Galaxy S10 is no longer listed on the OS Schedule. When will the update be available?

turtleh2
I've been here awhile

Why's everything have to be so shady with Rogers.

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

Galaxy S10 still not listed on OS Schedule. 

turtleh2
I've been here awhile

The schedule updated to show May 13th, so hopefully tomorrow.

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

I got an update today but no night mode.

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor

Wondering why Fido is beating Rogers in posting their OS Update Schedules - AGAIN 🤔

Isn't Fido a Rogers subsidiary.... 🙄

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/custom/page/page-id/forumpage.osupgradesen

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

At least the S9/S9+ is listed, I'm still on June Security update on my S10+ :S

shaggyskunk

Well - My S10+ is also on the June Security Patch - Which is one of the reasons I posted the link to Fido's OS Update Schedule 😉
Fido is saying the expected date for the August Security Patch is September 3rd - So it's reasonable to believe that Rogers has the same date - They just haven't updated their OS Update Schedules yet...
I'm just making a little dig at Rogers - This isn't the first time that Fido has been providing the in ahead of it's Parent company
🐧

I was automatically rolled into the Android 10 UI2 update on my Samsung S10 on December 17th, 2019.  Since that update most of my apps have not performed correctly.  Issues include:

-Location conflicts

-Security certificate issues

-Inability to access cached data

Most annoyingly affected apps include

-Spotify

-Uber/Uber Eats/Waze/Pretty much all apps that depend on maps or location settings

-Outlook (exchange server issues)

-Chrome (Can't access most popular websites.  Proper security certificate not available)

-Gmail (security issue with Chrome has exposed my cached passwords for 100 sites

All of the forums online show that an urgent security patch was released to users of the same device on Bell/Telus and mostly all providers in the US but specifically not Rogers.   The pixel is supposedly receiving updates now on Rogers but still not the Samsung S10 which is probably the most expensive Android phone.     Looking for clear messaging from Rogers when we will get the crucial security update.

shaggyskunk
After every Android version update I always factory reset my device & have never had any issues.

JLANG6
I've been here awhile

UI 2.1UI 2.1

Samsung S10 UI 2.1 Update?

Samsung started rolled out a software update for the Galaxy S10 series early April 2020 which brought One UI 2.1 to Galaxy S smartphones.

Samsung confirmed earlier this week that it would release the One UI 2.1 update for the Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy Note 10 in the United States starting April 3. 

When will it be available from Rogers in Canada?

Looks like April 13th!

Rogers OS Upgrade - April 09 revRogers OS Upgrade - April 09 rev

shaggyskunk
Too bad that Rogers doesn't actually say that... V2.1 is much more than a Security Patch OTA.

Greetings @JLANG6,

Thanks for your post! It sounds like you are quite eager to receive the latest updates for the S10 series, and understandably so. 🙂

As explained in our post about our OS Upgrade Process, there is lots of testing that goes on behind the scenes before a new software or security update may be released to the public. I would recommend keeping a close watch on our OS Upgrade Schedule to receive news on when the latest updates are scheduled for release. Please also keep in mind that they are rolled out in batches once available,

Thanks for your enthusiasm and for your kind understanding in this matter.

RogersLaura

A_Visitor
I plan to stick around
I wonder if the S10 and S20 May 2020 security update has been actually released? The Rogers update list shows those updates were released on May 18 but I have seen neither. Thanks!

shaggyskunk
The other Canadian Carriers have May 25th as the May Security Patch OTA.

A_Visitor
I plan to stick around
Thanks, I wasn't aware.

shaggyskunk
@RogersYasmine
Rogers updated their OS Update Schedule today, & it's still saying that the May Security Patch OTA was SUPPOSED to be available on the 18th... Would have thought that Rogers would take the time to correct this.??
Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation