cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - June Security updates

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor

Wondering why Fido has put the June Security Patch OTA on "hold" for the S10 series? I received the June Security Patch OTA on the 8th already for my S10+ as did most of the other Canadian Carriers release the June Security Patch OTA... @rogersRolland?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 - June Security updates

shaggyskunk

shaggyskunk

@RogersMaude - It would be great to hear from Rogers about the June Security Patch OTA - As Fido has put the June Security Patch OTA on Hold & Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers. Should we be concerned about the June Security Patch OTA - Especially since Rogers "pushed" the OTA on July 8th & I'm sure that most have already applied it??

Thanks 🐧

shaggyskunk

@RogersMaude It would be great to hear from Rogers about any issues with the June Security Patch OTA for the S10+ as Fido has put the June Security Patch OTA on Hold!
Sho we be concerned that we have applied the OTA which was "pushed" by Rogers on the 8th of July?
I've already posted the link to Fido's OS Update Schedule & Since Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers... Well you get what I'm saying - Thanks 🐧

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

@shaggyskunk 

You can check out the Rogers OS Updates Page here for all Rogers specific updates, and can confirm the S10e/S10/S10+ FOTA update has indeed been placed on hold as of July 10th as Samsung has identified an issue with the update.

RogersDarrell

shaggyskunk

Hi Darrell & Thanks for the reply.
Yes we know that the June Security Patch OTA is on Hold with Fido - But my question is What is the issue for the Canadian variant?
We know what the issue is for the US variant.
Since Rogers did NOT put the June Security Patch OTA on Hold until now & MANY of us have already downloaded & installed it...
What is the situation for us?
And what steps is Rogers going to take for the people who have already installed the June Security Patch OTA?

https://www.sammobile.com/news/latest-galaxy-s10-update-for-us-preventing-access-to-the-phone

shaggyskunk

I see that Rogers just updated the OS Update Schedule & The June Security Patch OTA is still showing as "On Hold"..

This of course is "closing the barn door AFTER the horse has gone" For me at least
Still waiting to hear from Rogers as to why it's been put on hold, as I received the June Security Patch OTA on the 8th of July..
I've attached a link to the screen shot of About Phone on my S10+ SM-G975W that shows this information..
It WOULD be appreciated to hear from Rogers about this! 🐧

shaggyskunk

Still no answer regarding the June Security Patch OTA that many people have already installed (I have) - Yet the June Security Patch OTA has been pulled & now only shows that it is on "hold"!

@RogersDarrell It would be nice to get some kind of response from Rogers!!

RogersDarrell

Hi @shaggyskunk 

As you detailed and linked in your July 12th Post, Samsung paused and pulled the June Security Update as their update caused some S10 models to become screen locked. This affected S10 variant users on all carriers from AT&T and Verizon in the US, to Rogers here in Canada.

As Samsung has detailed on their US site, they have set up a special team tasked with assisting all affected. Samsung's fix appears to be a type of factory reset. You can find the details here from SamsungCole

RogersDarrell

shaggyskunk
Thanks for the reply. I fortunately have not experienced any issues with the June Security Patch OTA & none of people on Samsung Members Canada have reported any issues with the June Security Patch OTA for their S10 series devices 🐧
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation