Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Hello @PalmTreo650

As 2 other business users on here reported, the business pre orders do not get the Google Mini Home offer. However they were offered a Bill credit due to the inconvenience.

Most offers that Rogers offers or promotions (unless coming from the manufacturer) are only for regular postpaid customer. Business customers don't get most offers.

I remember checking th business side and it only showed pre order bonus gift the Bluetooth earbuds. That's it. Where in the regular side it showed both.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for that information, I missed it being mentioned in this forum discussion. And that's fine that the bonus Google Home mini is only for the non-business customer - no exceptions. Just wanted to make sure we're not missing out if it wasn't otherwise.

Rule is a rule...

Thanks
I've Been Here Awhile

So much for pre-orders... rogers really messed up on this one....

still haven't received it. 

Date: Thu, Aug 9, 2018, 3:34 PM
Subject: Rogers Reservation System – Business: Order Received

Order Reciept

Thank you for your order, please take note of your order # and your position in the queue for the Rogers Reservation System for business

Request Time: 09/08/2018 3:32:34 PM

Price Plan: Keep Existing
Add-Ons: N/A
Position in Queue: 1 Out of 1

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know if the Note 9 comes unlocked out of the box or do I need to call Rogers to do it?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @OwnBoss

As of December 1st 2017, All devices come unlocked. They are no longer locked. Bell is locking their devices again and you can get then unlocked upon upgrading or buying the phone.

Rogers phones will be unlocked inside the box.
I Plan to Stick Around

the curved glass on Samsung devices is still actually stronger than say the iphone X or most other phones out there.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IainS

I wouldn't say the same.. My S8+ got damaged while dropping it and the screen cracked on the curved glass and spider cracked. The same has been reported hundreds of times on XDA / AA and other forums from users tha reported it. I drop my 8 Plus and never did the glass crack.

I guess like many said. It depends on how the phone falls as the curved screen does make it more vornable to get cracked.

Also not many glass screen protectors do stick on the curved glass as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

well many drop test reviews do show the samsung devices being stronger than most other devices including the iphone x.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IainS

Yes that's true however in the real world with many on XDA, AA and other forums complaining about, I dount me and others are just making it up lol.

It all depends how it's dropped / what's is being dropped on and from what height. Again my vision on this is that the curved screens as good as they are, they are pron to being cracked easily being dropped. I have experience this a couple of times to know lol.

Either way I hope the Note 9 glass can withstand more drops then the S8+did. We shall see what other users say in the up coming weeks / months.
I Plan to Stick Around

When your taking into consideration of drop tests and glass breaking you also have to take into account how the rest of the phone will also function after being dropped. All Glass breaks but how much damage will also be done to the internals of the device and this is where Samsung shines. Yes you glass may crack or shatter depending on the drop but the internals on these devices survive much harsher drops than many other phones. So it may be unfortunate that your screens cracks and you have to get it replaced but its nice that the rest of the phone continues to function and operate in most cases.