Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

@Gracie_C

If I were you, I would just head into one of the local stores and pick up the Note 9 that you want.

The pre-order bonus doesn't require that you actually get the phone you pre-ordered. You need to provide Samsung with proof of your pre-order (the e-mail you got from Rogers confirming your pre-order) and proof of purchase from Rogers (the receipt from the store you head into). 

Samsung doesn't know or care whether you actually pick up the phone you pre-ordered - just that you pre-order from the same company you pick it up from.

That's what I ended up doing, as I still haven't received my pre-ordered phone, yet picked up a Note 9 from Rogers last Friday.

I'm Here A Lot

I have an old Pixel XL and the battery is fried, it might turn on for 30 secs. You're saying they'll give me $200 credit for this "broken" phone? thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gracie_C

Unfortunately they will not. They might give u $10-$20 if that. They want the device to be in working condition. Since yours isn't, you won't get nearly that price. If lucky maybe 10-20. Depending on the store and the system.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix yeah, K, thanks for the quick response. I knew it sounded too good to be true or everyone would just be trading in garbage 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Sadly he is wrong. Read the details of the trade in program. Your phone will get you 200bucks.
I've read about people getting 200 for BlackBerry bolds. Etc. Check the thread on rfd
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gracie_C

Haha yeah unfortunately most places require it to be turned on, touch screen works and no damage on the screen or touch panel.

I remember one yeara authorized Rogers store just let any phone do trade ins and got in big heat with Rogers for that. So they stopped and now follow the rules lol.

Best Buy does the same as well.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Soaringfox

Sadly I'm wrong? Read the FAQ on Rogers.... I go what Rogers says on their site and stores. Not other users on another forum... If the store let's the trades in happen with a broken down thag won't turn on? So be it but rules as below by Rogers and ALL the stores follow this. Unless a Rogers rep, store manager can correct me here. I invite them too.

" What devices are eligible for trade-in?

You can trade in phones or tablets from any carrier.
Devices that can power up and have working touchscreens (no cracks) are eligible for full trade-in value. Devices that don't meet these criteria may be eligible for lower trade-in values.
Depending on the age and condition of your device, it may not have any value. Rogers works with a third party vendor to determine the value of all devices.

Do you look for scratches, etc. when determining the value of my device?

No. We only look for three things when determining the value of your device:

It turns on.
The touchscreen works.
The touchscreen isn't cracked"

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/rogers-trade-up-program-faqs

EDIT

" Congratulations! The trade-up value of your Google Pixel XL Canada may be:

$185.0"

This has to meet the eligibility of the read euo which i posted above. That means that the Device must turn in and be in working condition.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix @Soaringfox

Did more research, you're both right (or both wrong).

Samsung has a *separate* promo in addition to rogers, where they give you $200 on top of the trade in value.

In my case, it's $0 + $200.

This is a copy/paste from Samsung's terms:

You save a $200 on the outright purchase, new activation or contract renewal of a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 when you trade in a select old phone. Offer is open to Canadian residents only. In order for the old phone to be eligible for this offer, it can be any make, any model, any manufacturer and any condition provided that: (i) it is verifiable in accordance with its serial number, and (ii) was purchased in Canada.

https://galaxyupgrade.ca/terms-of-service/

I Plan to Stick Around

It isn't a Roger's trade up program bud. It's a Samsung one. Go read the thread. No point my going over it. Just don't need someone getting misinformation. It's a minimum trade of 200.
I'd have gone that route if I could wind it back. Shrugs
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gracie_C

That one is correct. You will get the $200 from that however I'm talking about the Rogers one. Not Samsung.

If you go on the Rogers promotions, it doesn't state anything a out the Samsung $200 credit. It says as long as it meets eligibility and brings u a link to the Rogers trade up.

Thats why it's a bit confusing.