Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

yes conveniently when i called them and started complaining there was a shipping tracking number come up on his screen, it is now out with ups and scheduled for delivery tmo.

I Plan to Stick Around

Business client as well, and once again the preorder has failed me.  I did the pre-order immediately at launch and I'm in the single digits between order 1-9.   Didn't have a option to ship to store, or I'd have done it for sure.  Why don't we have our phones on launch day, or even shipping notifications. 

I did get a text about Premium Device Protection Plan, so obviously their sluggish system is doing something.

So yea it was going to be nice to get the earphones, but frankly I'd rather have walked into the store and bought it today, rather than preorder, as stores have stock.  Happens every time.  

What's this about a Google Home? I think I have one from last promo as well. 

If it didn't make sense to HUP.. I'd buy outright, as I'd prefer the dual sim version. Wish Rogers sold that, I see its available now for 1200cad. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think Ups delivers on weekends! I just got a tracking number. 3-5 business days!
I Plan to Stick Around

What are you guys doing for a SD card? specific model/brand?  Debating using current one in note 8 but..

Also noticed the clear case on Note 9 samsung page. I bought the spigen, but prefer oem if available, has anyone seen in store? Samsung site and other sites don't have it, suspect later release. 

https://ca.mobilefun.com/official-samsung-galaxy-note-9-clear-cover-case-100-clear-68955

I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered a scan disk 256gb card from Amazon for around $85
I Plan to Stick Around

I also bought the clear Spigen case with the black bumper. It should look very nice and contrast with the blue note9 I ordered. I have the Samsung case with built in stand for my Note8. It added heft to the phone but it's build and material quality can't be touched by the Spigen cases. As for SD memory cards I use Samsung EVO. I've had genuine Sandisks go bad on me. I say genuine because there are fake SD memory cards out there. Watch out folks.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a tracking number now as well. Woo Hoo. I orderd a case and protector from amazon. I had both of these for the S9 so just buying the Blue glitter for my blue phone. should look great. will likely be selling the S9 even though great phone, I want to go back to a Note. I had the Note 5 and loved it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FN7X55X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FSFDC83/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've Been Here Awhile

Got the tracking ,, delivery happening Sat before EOD
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my call yesterday and went to the store to pick up my note 9, the rep at the store was like "so do you have any idea how much this is going to be as an upgrade?" Which I felt was kind of an odd question, but I said "I dunno, like 600? 650?" Boy was I wrong.

I did no real research on the price, figuring it would be slightly more than last year but nothing crazy right? On the Premium tab, it is $749 + HST = $846. Holy smokes!! I asked how long they could hold it for as I would really have to think about it. I love getting new phones, but for $846 dollars I could really be spending my money in more intelligent ways than replacing a perfectly good phone.  Looks like I might have to stick with my Note 8 for a few more months until the 9 drops a bit. Sad day really, to not have the latest Note on launch day, but these prices are not for the faint of heart. 

I Plan to Stick Around

...recall in my post that I am a business customer. That the device reservation for my order is without status despite that the order receipt clearly indicates, "You will receive two emails immediately: 1) Order Detail Summary 2) Login credentials to access your reservation account. Yo'll be able to view your position in line, status, modify or cancel your order (unless you already have existing login credentials)" ...that was back on August 9th. To date I have not received anything in emails to this regard. To date there is no status update, nor acknowledgement of my order on the reservation site.

However I was able to get a status this morning by using the Live Chat feature on the business website (Saturday, August 25 @11:14AM). Here is a copy of that chat (note I masked my customer information). Hope this helps to business customers who have reserved theirs in the same way I did. FYI I was 12/12 in the queue with my reservation. I do not know if this is a separate queue than the mainstream residential customers  so the processing may not reflect in line with others here who are starting to report theirs;

(Removed Chat Log - Keep personal info Private - RogersTony)

Thanks, be patient,  the only thing that moves faster is our summer going by in a flash! 😞