cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Samsung is about to announce the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in just about an hr!. From the leaks its so far a amazing device! I will update this with the specs and launch date / pre order date when they announce it! 

Below is how to do a pre order or reservation to store with Rogers! 

How to reserve to store as a existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship to store (Device Reservation / Pre Order )

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation 

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list ( This is only for Ship to Store pre orders)

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number) - ( This is only for Ship to Store pre orders)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up 

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

How To Pre Order Ship to Home: 

The Option for Ship to Home Order is here now! So you can have the device shipped to your home straight. You will not be able to track its status and will not be able to see anything until you get a shipment email from Rogers. This can be the day before or the day of Launch. The only ones that can track the status of the orders is the ones that pick Ship to Store reservations. This is how the system works for both.  If you pick Ship to Home then the only email you will receive is the confirmation email and then Shipment email when its shipped out.

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I
or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy.

***Edited Labels***

150 REPLIES 150

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

OwnBoss
I plan to stick around
I agree with you. Rogers just dropped the ball. I have not heard of anyone receiving a phone to there home. It seems like their focus is shipping phones to the stores.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IanS

I'm not blaming UPS at all... All I am saying is that UPS picks up whatever they can. It's up to the drivers on the amount of items they take from each place and not what the company has. Remember they don't send over empty trucks to Rogers. They have trucks filled with other items not just Rogers. Also remember Rogers ships out other items not just the phones. They also ship out many items. I know this as when I worked at Best Buy, our store only got a few devices for the iPhone 7 meanwhile the Best Buy at Sherway Gardens got more. The devices got shipped from out warehouse but 2 different UPS trucks picked them up. It could be different but from what I know with Best Buy and also speaking to a few managers at Rogers / UPS This is how it works.

Anyways I think @OwnBoss is correct. It seems like they are paying more attention to the reservationa for in store and house pre orders will be fullfiled and shipped tonight / Monday.

IainS
I plan to stick around

not UPS, Rogers have just issued the pickup 20 minutes ago. SO nothing to do with UPS, Rogers dropped the ball here on ship to home. All of this stuff should of been taken care of yesturday afternoon by Rogers.

IainS
I plan to stick around
I will be switching carriers faily soon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IanS

Oh i agree with you. I have had many issues with Rogers as well.

Well then you will get it Monday / Tuesday at most. It's a 2/3 days wait. Yes i know you never got it at launch but I'm sure you can wait. Its not a death emergency that you need to phone and don't have a phone right? Patience is the key.

If you will be leaving Rogers " fairly soon" then why not just look at another carrier instead of upgrading?. Many say that and end up staying.

OwnBoss
I plan to stick around

@IainS wrote:

not UPS, Rogers have just issued the pickup 20 minutes ago. SO nothing to do with UPS, Rogers dropped the ball here on ship to home. All of this stuff should of been taken care of yesturday afternoon by Rogers.

@IainS Did you get a shipping email already?

IainS
I plan to stick around

yes conveniently when i called them and started complaining there was a shipping tracking number come up on his screen, it is now out with ups and scheduled for delivery tmo.

Soaringfox
I plan to stick around

Business client as well, and once again the preorder has failed me.  I did the pre-order immediately at launch and I'm in the single digits between order 1-9.   Didn't have a option to ship to store, or I'd have done it for sure.  Why don't we have our phones on launch day, or even shipping notifications. 

I did get a text about Premium Device Protection Plan, so obviously their sluggish system is doing something.

So yea it was going to be nice to get the earphones, but frankly I'd rather have walked into the store and bought it today, rather than preorder, as stores have stock.  Happens every time.  

What's this about a Google Home? I think I have one from last promo as well. 

If it didn't make sense to HUP.. I'd buy outright, as I'd prefer the dual sim version. Wish Rogers sold that, I see its available now for 1200cad. 

superbrowndude
I plan to stick around
I don't think Ups delivers on weekends! I just got a tracking number. 3-5 business days!

Soaringfox
I plan to stick around

What are you guys doing for a SD card? specific model/brand?  Debating using current one in note 8 but..

Also noticed the clear case on Note 9 samsung page. I bought the spigen, but prefer oem if available, has anyone seen in store? Samsung site and other sites don't have it, suspect later release. 

https://ca.mobilefun.com/official-samsung-galaxy-note-9-clear-cover-case-100-clear-68955

superbrowndude
I plan to stick around
I ordered a scan disk 256gb card from Amazon for around $85

PalmTreo650
I plan to stick around
I also bought the clear Spigen case with the black bumper. It should look very nice and contrast with the blue note9 I ordered. I have the Samsung case with built in stand for my Note8. It added heft to the phone but it's build and material quality can't be touched by the Spigen cases. As for SD memory cards I use Samsung EVO. I've had genuine Sandisks go bad on me. I say genuine because there are fake SD memory cards out there. Watch out folks.

mll1
I've been here awhile

I have a tracking number now as well. Woo Hoo. I orderd a case and protector from amazon. I had both of these for the S9 so just buying the Blue glitter for my blue phone. should look great. will likely be selling the S9 even though great phone, I want to go back to a Note. I had the Note 5 and loved it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FN7X55X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07FSFDC83/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

simar
I've been here awhile
Got the tracking ,, delivery happening Sat before EOD

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

Got my call yesterday and went to the store to pick up my note 9, the rep at the store was like "so do you have any idea how much this is going to be as an upgrade?" Which I felt was kind of an odd question, but I said "I dunno, like 600? 650?" Boy was I wrong.

I did no real research on the price, figuring it would be slightly more than last year but nothing crazy right? On the Premium tab, it is $749 + HST = $846. Holy smokes!! I asked how long they could hold it for as I would really have to think about it. I love getting new phones, but for $846 dollars I could really be spending my money in more intelligent ways than replacing a perfectly good phone.  Looks like I might have to stick with my Note 8 for a few more months until the 9 drops a bit. Sad day really, to not have the latest Note on launch day, but these prices are not for the faint of heart. 

PalmTreo650
I plan to stick around

...recall in my post that I am a business customer. That the device reservation for my order is without status despite that the order receipt clearly indicates, "You will receive two emails immediately: 1) Order Detail Summary 2) Login credentials to access your reservation account. Yo'll be able to view your position in line, status, modify or cancel your order (unless you already have existing login credentials)" ...that was back on August 9th. To date I have not received anything in emails to this regard. To date there is no status update, nor acknowledgement of my order on the reservation site.

However I was able to get a status this morning by using the Live Chat feature on the business website (Saturday, August 25 @11:14AM). Here is a copy of that chat (note I masked my customer information). Hope this helps to business customers who have reserved theirs in the same way I did. FYI I was 12/12 in the queue with my reservation. I do not know if this is a separate queue than the mainstream residential customers  so the processing may not reflect in line with others here who are starting to report theirs;

(Removed Chat Log - Keep personal info Private - RogersTony)

Thanks, be patient,  the only thing that moves faster is our summer going by in a flash! 😞

Soaringfox
I plan to stick around
Treo, Did you have the option to ship to store? I had called mine in. Didn't get offered that. Should have asked.

OwnBoss
I plan to stick around
Any updates on the shipping status for those who got their tracking number last night? Mine
still shows "Shipment Ready for UPS", that's since 11 PM.

PalmTreo650
I plan to stick around

Good point. No I'm 95% sure there was no option for delivery to a store for pickup at the time of placing my order online. I did see fields for confirming bill to/ship to addresses, but I did not see an option to have it shipped to the nearest store. Unless I'm wrong and did miss it, it could be this is the only arrangement for business customers.

Thanks

Soaringfox
I plan to stick around
In a horrible case of irony, possibly the universe reminding me to be happy with what I have. I dropped my note 8 and broke the screen. It's under device protection so will get it repaired.

I asked cs about my note 9, in process is what they said. Ugh.

OwnBoss
I plan to stick around
My phone is scheduled to be delivered today. It is now 7 PM and the phone is still at Rogers. Guessing it will be a Tuesday deliver, if all goes well. Gotta love Rogers.
Topic Stats