Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Thanks for reporting that. Again because I'm on a Business Plan, the status for my Note 9 order shows nothing in progress nor any current order. However I do have an Order Receipt with and order id that start's with an"S" and indication of 12 o 12 in the queue, at the time of placing an order. Contrary to that Order Receipt indicating I was to receive email notifications, that never happened.

So I am left to rely on this forum on shipping status. I am not anxious, just completely unaware of what the status is and trusting the Order Receipt that my order was received. One day the business portal for device reservation will be fixed to work, that day is not here yet. I can attest to this as this is not my first, second, but third device reservation I've place in that system since 2017.

Keep up the good work folks! Thanks.

Thanks,

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow! I had no idea the Google Home Mini was included as a separate promo! I hope I qualify! I should qualify though right? I have the Share everything 20 gig Premium tab with 4 lines.

I am much more excited to add a second Google home speaker to my system than I am the wireless earbuds to be honest, I know I will never use the things. I have over the ear noise canceling headphones for travel, and I would never use these things, even for casual use, I would much rather just have wired earbuds that don't require charging. But that is a personal preference. I like the charger and SD card combo we got last year (note 8), and the wireless Samsung speaker from the year before (Note 7). My status has upgraded to shipped. Does anyone know which number they call when the phone arrives at the rogers store? The main account # or the upgrading line? 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Just took a look at my profile in here, seems like all my posts have been in 5 different threads, all of which also included you at some point. Lol. Just a weird oddity. Not sure how I got my Note 1 - 3. Not sure if there was device reservation back then or how it worked. Ah... Memory lane.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Thats because ever since 2012 I have been making the reservation / pre order threads and also answer alot of questions on here haha.

Good to see you staying with the Note series!
I Plan to Stick Around

Been with them since the beginning! I remember being laughed at so many years ago when I got the first one. "OMG, what the heck is that thing?" Now everyone makes a huge screen.

My only year off was with the Pixel XL during the Note 7 debacle. 

I Plan to Stick Around

For Android, it really started with the Dell Streak 5, long before the Samsung Note Series began. There was speculation after that era that the Streak 5 was really made by Samsung. No facts to support that I recall.

However when I received my Streak 5 from Rogers (I think it was 2010), I had the same reaction as you got while using it. Who's to say that those who laughed then, were only to do the same soon after?

The Note series caters to a select few, but it's a healthy following. I use mine for work mostly, the pen is a must for that. So much so that I forked out $50+ to have one that was lost on my Note 4 a few years ago. I will not be losing this one on the Note 9, at least that easily.

Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi ,
I Booked Note 9 128gb and how can i check the status of the pre-order.
I picked direct delivery to home ..

Thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @simar

As I posted on page 1, post 1. All ship to home orders do not get any progress status reports until it ships out.

You will get a email that it has been shipped out. Other then that you can't check the progress. Only the ship to stores have that option
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow. I just called my local store, and this seems to be the first time that Rogers is going to miss launch day for a new Samsung phone. They tell me they haven't received the phone yet (which shipped yesterday). Typically I get a shipping e-mail, then they receive the phone the next day and I pick it up on the morning of launch day.

This has been true for the Note 5, S7, Note 7 (RIP), S8, and Note 8.  Although one of those had some weird problem where they tried to release the phone early but couldn't activate them. Can't remember which one it was.

In any case, it looks like some of us pre-orderers aren't getting the phone day 1. Has anyone else heard from their local store? I was something like #5 for blue and #7 for black.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Since I have been lurking these forums for a while, I decided to login and see if my own experience can help a few of you... 🙂

I got the email shipment notification yesterday and the phone call from my Rogers store this morning confirming that they did received the phone, but it will only be available to release tomorrow and not earlier.

Also, because I saw someone asked earlier, they called the number for which the phone is reserved (mine), and not the account holder's number (I'm on a Share Everything Plan with 4 lines)