cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Samsung is about to announce the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in just about an hr!. From the leaks its so far a amazing device! I will update this with the specs and launch date / pre order date when they announce it! 

Below is how to do a pre order or reservation to store with Rogers! 

How to reserve to store as a existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship to store (Device Reservation / Pre Order )

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation 

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list ( This is only for Ship to Store pre orders)

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number) - ( This is only for Ship to Store pre orders)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up 

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

How To Pre Order Ship to Home: 

The Option for Ship to Home Order is here now! So you can have the device shipped to your home straight. You will not be able to track its status and will not be able to see anything until you get a shipment email from Rogers. This can be the day before or the day of Launch. The only ones that can track the status of the orders is the ones that pick Ship to Store reservations. This is how the system works for both.  If you pick Ship to Home then the only email you will receive is the confirmation email and then Shipment email when its shipped out.

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I
or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy.

***Edited Labels***

150 REPLIES 150

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

MKC91
I plan to stick around
My Note 4 beast died last July with the endless boot sickness; I'd like to by this one outright too, my legacy plan is great.

IainS
I plan to stick around
i have mine a ship to home, which going by previous ship to home orders done in the past i will receive it on day of release, so friday.

mll1
I've been here awhile

So i Just pre ordered. When is the shipping day?

Hi @enrai,

If you ordered your device during the promotional period (August 9th - September 3rd 2018) and meet all of the requirements, then you should be automatically eligible to receive the Google Home Mini. As clarified by @RogersTony in post #40 of this thread, if the Google Home Mini is in stock at the time that your order is shipped out, then it should arrive with your new device. If it is out of stock at the time your order is shipped, then it may be back ordered and can take up to 10 days for you to receive it.

For customers who take advantage of this promotion at a branded retail location, they will get their gift at the point of purchase (and while supplies last). 

I hope this helps! 😊

RogersLaura

PalmTreo650
I plan to stick around

So this bonus of a Google Home MIni if you place your order within that time frame, is in addition to the Gear IconX wireless headphones that will be fulfilled by Samsung themselves? Therefore really 2 bonus items in total?

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @PalmTreo650

The GearX Icon wireless earphones will be fulfilled by Samsung Canada. You need to log into your Samsung account via the Samsung Canada website and register it. Then log into the device with ur Samsung account. From there it can take 4-8 weeks to get them shipped out.

" Pre-order your Samsung Galaxy Note9 from participating authorized Canadian carriers and retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Samsung.com/.ca from August 9 – August 23, 2018.1
Visit www.samsung.com/promotions and click ‘REGISTER NOW’ for the offer.
Sign in or sign up for your Samsung Account from the ‘MY OFFERS’ tab and sign up for the Galaxy Note9 Pre-order promotion by completing all required fields.2
Sign in to your Samsung Account during device setup on your Galaxy Note9 with the same Samsung Account email address in step #3 and register your device. Deadline to sign into your Samsung Account is September 30th, 2018"

Yes you will also get the Google Home Mini from Rogers directly in store or they will ship it to you.

Both are subject to while supplies last.

oliverreeve
I've been around

Still waiting for a shipping notification.

johnx65
I plan to stick around

Status updated last night, to Shipped.  I think i should see my Note9 tomorrow as promised.

PalmTreo650
I plan to stick around

Thanks for reporting that. Again because I'm on a Business Plan, the status for my Note 9 order shows nothing in progress nor any current order. However I do have an Order Receipt with and order id that start's with an"S" and indication of 12 o 12 in the queue, at the time of placing an order. Contrary to that Order Receipt indicating I was to receive email notifications, that never happened.

So I am left to rely on this forum on shipping status. I am not anxious, just completely unaware of what the status is and trusting the Order Receipt that my order was received. One day the business portal for device reservation will be fixed to work, that day is not here yet. I can attest to this as this is not my first, second, but third device reservation I've place in that system since 2017.

Keep up the good work folks! Thanks.

Thanks,

Wow! I had no idea the Google Home Mini was included as a separate promo! I hope I qualify! I should qualify though right? I have the Share everything 20 gig Premium tab with 4 lines.

I am much more excited to add a second Google home speaker to my system than I am the wireless earbuds to be honest, I know I will never use the things. I have over the ear noise canceling headphones for travel, and I would never use these things, even for casual use, I would much rather just have wired earbuds that don't require charging. But that is a personal preference. I like the charger and SD card combo we got last year (note 8), and the wireless Samsung speaker from the year before (Note 7). My status has upgraded to shipped. Does anyone know which number they call when the phone arrives at the rogers store? The main account # or the upgrading line? 

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Just took a look at my profile in here, seems like all my posts have been in 5 different threads, all of which also included you at some point. Lol. Just a weird oddity. Not sure how I got my Note 1 - 3. Not sure if there was device reservation back then or how it worked. Ah... Memory lane.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 / S6 edge + Reservation numbers / Questions
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Reservation numbers /Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

Thats because ever since 2012 I have been making the reservation / pre order threads and also answer alot of questions on here haha.

Good to see you staying with the Note series!

jkffghjfghjfgjh
I plan to stick around

Been with them since the beginning! I remember being laughed at so many years ago when I got the first one. "OMG, what the heck is that thing?" Now everyone makes a huge screen.

My only year off was with the Pixel XL during the Note 7 debacle. 

For Android, it really started with the Dell Streak 5, long before the Samsung Note Series began. There was speculation after that era that the Streak 5 was really made by Samsung. No facts to support that I recall.

However when I received my Streak 5 from Rogers (I think it was 2010), I had the same reaction as you got while using it. Who's to say that those who laughed then, were only to do the same soon after?

The Note series caters to a select few, but it's a healthy following. I use mine for work mostly, the pen is a must for that. So much so that I forked out $50+ to have one that was lost on my Note 4 a few years ago. I will not be losing this one on the Note 9, at least that easily.

Thanks

simar
I've been here awhile
Hi ,
I Booked Note 9 128gb and how can i check the status of the pre-order.
I picked direct delivery to home ..

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @simar

As I posted on page 1, post 1. All ship to home orders do not get any progress status reports until it ships out.

You will get a email that it has been shipped out. Other then that you can't check the progress. Only the ship to stores have that option

G_Money
I plan to stick around

Wow. I just called my local store, and this seems to be the first time that Rogers is going to miss launch day for a new Samsung phone. They tell me they haven't received the phone yet (which shipped yesterday). Typically I get a shipping e-mail, then they receive the phone the next day and I pick it up on the morning of launch day.

This has been true for the Note 5, S7, Note 7 (RIP), S8, and Note 8.  Although one of those had some weird problem where they tried to release the phone early but couldn't activate them. Can't remember which one it was.

In any case, it looks like some of us pre-orderers aren't getting the phone day 1. Has anyone else heard from their local store? I was something like #5 for blue and #7 for black.

Anijac1412
I've been here awhile
Since I have been lurking these forums for a while, I decided to login and see if my own experience can help a few of you... 🙂

I got the email shipment notification yesterday and the phone call from my Rogers store this morning confirming that they did received the phone, but it will only be available to release tomorrow and not earlier.

Also, because I saw someone asked earlier, they called the number for which the phone is reserved (mine), and not the account holder's number (I'm on a Share Everything Plan with 4 lines)

G_Money
I plan to stick around

@Anijac1412

Thanks for the update - where are you in the country? I'm in Calgary and haven't gotten the phone call you described.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

Do remember that doing a reservation or roe order doesn't mean you will get it at launch. Also it's not the first time as many are reporting their stores have received the pre orders this morning / night.

My buddies didn't get to the store until 6pm and the store called him right before they close to remind him.

Also do remember that the store may also receive the device tomorrow and you may / most likely get it tomorrow as well.

It all really depends on UPS at this point. Since Rogers sent it out, it's up to UPS to have it delivered on a timely manner.

IainS
I plan to stick around

i got email from rogers today that my plan has been updated, just waiting now for shipping email from ups which should be this evening, mine is a ship to home pre order.

Topic Stats