cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Samsung is about to announce the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in just about an hr!. From the leaks its so far a amazing device! I will update this with the specs and launch date / pre order date when they announce it! 

Below is how to do a pre order or reservation to store with Rogers! 

How to reserve to store as a existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship to store (Device Reservation / Pre Order )

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation 

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list ( This is only for Ship to Store pre orders)

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number) - ( This is only for Ship to Store pre orders)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up 

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

“What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

How To Pre Order Ship to Home: 

The Option for Ship to Home Order is here now! So you can have the device shipped to your home straight. You will not be able to track its status and will not be able to see anything until you get a shipment email from Rogers. This can be the day before or the day of Launch. The only ones that can track the status of the orders is the ones that pick Ship to Store reservations. This is how the system works for both.  If you pick Ship to Home then the only email you will receive is the confirmation email and then Shipment email when its shipped out.

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

I know its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I
or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy.

***Edited Labels***

150 REPLIES 150

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Reservation/ Pre Order & Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @troytempest

Same can be said about every other carrier in Canada...

Your answer is. Ask Samsung Canada why they limit colors and higher models in Canada for the past 3-5yrs now.

Many forget that we never got the higher models since the S6. Samsung Canada limits the Canadian carriers which models to get and colors.

IainS
I plan to stick around

i guess the only option in Canada for the 512GB version is to buy the unlocked version from Samsung Canada.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IanS

Unfortunately that's your only option. Paying full pop for it.

Dragonstar
I plan to stick around
I went to the Samsung Experience store here in Toronto at the Eaton Center to try out the Note 9. What an amazing phone compared to my everlasting beast (Note 4) I love the blue. The pics of it on the web are way too lightly coloured. The blue is almost black.
However the blue is only the lower end model. So I ordered the black behemoth there at the store. I don't mind paying full price because i love my ancient plan and don't need to be tied to a contract.
If you are on the fence, definitely visit the store to try the phone and ask the staff any questions. They are really knowledgeable.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Dragonstar wrote:
I went to the Samsung Experience store here in Toronto at the Eaton Center to try out the Note 9. What an amazing phone compared to my everlasting beast (Note 4) I love the blue. The pics of it on the web are way too lightly coloured. The blue is almost black.
However the blue is only the lower end model. So I ordered the black behemoth there at the store. I don't mind paying full price because i love my ancient plan and don't need to be tied to a contract.
If you are on the fence, definitely visit the store to try the phone and ask the staff any questions. They are really knowledgeable.

at the end of the day who care if its 128 or 500 .. if you but a new phone every 6 months its hard to keep to long enough to enjoy it. 🙂 so a lower price is actually better

Dragonstar
I plan to stick around
I only upgrade every 2 or 3 generations. I find there is never enough difference in phones to warrant upgrading yearly.

Now... upgrading from my Note 4 to Note 9 there is enough change.

The reason I chose the upraded Note 9 over the lower model Note 9 was mainly for the extra 2 GB of RAM. Just like a computer the more RAM, the better overall experience for ME. Others may need the storage, others may not need any of it at all. It's all good.
If you can, definitely try it out.

This thread seems REALLY dead considering this is the flagship for the year from Samsung. Strange to see it this quiet. I guess a lot of people weren't expecting such an early launch of the new Note or many are going to be skipping the generation maybe? 

I'm not overly thrilled with the minor upgrades personally, but the bigger battery is a huge plus. Hopefully, they got something big in store for us next year with the Note 10.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jkffghjfghjfgjh

I know right?.. It seems weird but what can we do!

The screen test came out and the Note 9 has the best screen there is on a mobile phone!!..

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/08/14/samsung-galaxy-note-9-display-rating/

IainS
I plan to stick around

there is a lot more to this phone than a lot of reveiwers give it credit for. New pen with bluetooth, the best screen out the period, huge battery, more storage, better camera software, stereo speakers and the list goes on. It is a worthy upgrade to the note 8.

mendy7511
I've been around

Will the unlocked phone from Samsung with with VoLTE?
I can't get VoLTE now because I bought my S7 edge elsewhere.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mendy7511

To be honest? I don't think so since most phones bought outside of Rogers don't get access to VOLTE or WiFi Calling unless Rogers adds them on the list.

enrai
I plan to stick around

Is it shipped yet?

Is it shipped yet?

Is it shipped yet?????

Smiley LOL

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enrai

Haha! I was waiting for someone to post that! 🤣

It should ship out tonight or tomorrow for the store reservations. The ship to home orders will ship out the day before or the day of.

enrai
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix, you're such a downer... Smiley Wink

I was, actually, still AM hoping that I can get the phone by Wednesday. 2 days early wouldn't hurt anyone. It will actually give people more incentive to pre-order their devices in the future!

Man, this is a free advice for Rogers and Samsung on how to make their pre-order customers very happy! Smiley Very Happy

DominicB
I plan to stick around

Rogers has the best deal on the Note9 -- you get a Google Mini too?  Does that ship with the phone?

I had to buy the wireless charger and the LED blue cover from Samsung though.  Plus we get the earbuds as everyone else does, but also a 15% discount in accessories.

I gave up on Rogers Home Phone.  Ignite is even worse!

DominicB
I plan to stick around

I bought one.  It is the best out there in my opinion ... until next month.

Need the s-pen to sign my name.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

Woo! Both of my pre-orders switched to "In Progress" this afternoon. 

I ordered a blue and a black one. Can't wait to upgrade this crummy old Note 8.

kidding, obviously. The Note 8 is great, but not AS great.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

Thats good to hear!!! Glad to hear it's in progress status!! 🙂

Hello @DominicB,

I'm planning to get a Note 9 soon as well, it looks like a really awesome device and with the pre-order gifts you get it really is a pretty awesome deal!

The Google Mini offer is available until September 3, 2018, or earlier while supplies last. If the Google Home Mini does not ship with the phone, then it may be back ordered and can take up to 10 days for you to receive it.

I hope you all enjoy your new Note 9's! Be sure to keep the Community updated on your experiences once you get the device. 😀

RogersTony

enrai
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersTony

How can I claim the Google Mini? Is there a number I need to call, or will it be shipped automatically after the new phone is shipped?

Thanks.

PalmTreo650
I plan to stick around

It would be appreciated if folks on this forum that have specified their Note9 to be delivered, drop a note here once they do receive them.

As noted already in the original posting, Business Plan customers have a different system for handling device reservations. That could not be anymore understated than it actually is. The experience to date more or less is best described as a guessing game if not mysterious process that many of Roger's own business department agents often defer to other agents for help.

Thanks.

Topic Stats