Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @JeromeM

Most likely trying to work with the carriers on trying to figure this out and the carriers not accepting the offer or something.

WiFi Calling and VOLTE works only on devices you by directly from Rogers. So a unlocked phone from Samsung won't work.
I Plan to Stick Around

The exchange rate today is 1.25. The phone is selling in the USA for $ 929. In Canada, it's selling for $ 1299. Based on exchange alone, we should be paying +/- $ 1161.25. Clearly, we are being bent over the rail.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

What else is new. Believe me, working at Best Buy I can see how things get upped like that on pricing and even with the manufacturers too.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

I am using the Automobileromance and Modern_black Themes on my S8+. Also I have a 4K wallpaper on my display.
I Plan to Stick Around

They (any company really) are obviously going to hedge the exchange to their benefit, and it's not only exchange rates I'm sure there's other things to consider not just the cost of goods.

@wpd1 wrote:

The exchange rate today is 1.25. The phone is selling in the USA for $ 929. In Canada, it's selling for $ 1299. Based on exchange alone, we should be paying +/- $ 1161.25. Clearly, we are being bent over the rail.

I Plan to Stick Around

@JeromeM wrote:

They (any company really) are obviously going to hedge the exchange to their benefit, and it's not only exchange rates I'm sure there's other things to consider not just the cost of goods.

@wpd1 wrote:

dont forget 250 bpts for FX conversion. 

plus higher per item storage and delivery costs - last year they only sold 40K units in canada for N7, compared to hundreds of thousands in US.

either way, it will suck if they offer us something like "buy $1500 TV and get free bluetooth speaker" when you DONT need a TV or the speaker 😉

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

Yeah that is true. We shall see what they actually offer. If the offer I, isn't any good I won't even bother.
I Plan to Stick Around

At this point, it would have to be a spectacular offer otherwise, I'm out. They should offer a 4GB ram model. I'm sure they put 6 just to mask the fact that there was nothing else particularly different, other than the camera.

I remember when they announced there would be a Note 8, the president of Samsung said it would be " innovative". While good spec's, I don't see anything too innovative compared to the Note 7, let alone S8+.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

I have to agree. I made this point before it many others tried to claim there is more. As u said, compared to the 8+ the only difference is th RAM, dual camera and Spen. That's all. Sadly if they don't offer much, I won't be doing THIS. My s8+ is running perfectly fine.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in line!

I think it said number 127 this morning when I reserved. I however cannot see anything about where I am in line right now or any sort of confirmation about my note 8.

I already signed up on the Samsung website for the free wireless charger and SD card too.

September 15th cannot arrive soon enough....