cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Wornick3
I've been here awhile

I've had several answers to this question from Rogers representatives, but nobody has been able to confirm.

Does the Rogers branded Samsung Note 8 support wifi calling?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Wornick3

From what I have seen and known, yes it does.

You would need to enable WiFi Calling on your Note 8 and follow the instructions on the prompt and it should enable. ( adding your number in the 911 list and such).

Also adding the IMEI number in your account should also enable it too.

Wornick3
I've been here awhile
Thanks, I've been thinking of picking one up, but nobody has been able to confirm this for me.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Wornick3

From what I have seen and heard it works as long as you set it up properly. You can test this out when u get the device and see if it authenticates and starts working. I don't seen a reason why they wouldn't seen the S8 /S8 Plus and older Samsung phones with OS 6.0 and above bought from Rogers have it working.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
Has anyone received their $200 card from Samsung or show their status as something other than pending?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

A few of my buddies are still waiting under "Pending" status. They contacted the promotion and they still haven't received any communication. One of them returned the Note 8 anyways.

Plox
I've been here awhile

Note8 compatibility with tablet plans

Hi all,

I was curious as to if my Samsung Note8 would work with Roger's Flexible Data plans for tablets. I've seen mixed thoughts about Roger's tablet plans working on smartphones, but since the Note8 isn't really a smartphone or a tablet, would it work? I don't use it as a phone, so would Roger's systems work properly with it? If so, would it be a hacky solution, or is it possible the proper way?

Thanks

Hello @Plox,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Robot Happy

The Note8 is an awesome device and it makes a lot of sense to use it as a secondary device especially with the S-Pen functionality.

It would actually work on one of the Data plans for Tablets, there should not be any issues there. You would need to be careful about making phone calls though as the plan will only be provisioned for data. If you do accidentally make a phone call you will face extra charges as you will be billed per minute used.

As long as you keep that mind you should not run into any issues using your Note8 on a Data plan for Tablets.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Plox
I've been here awhile

Thank you!

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
Anyone having volume issues on their Note 8.? I can hardly hear the other person on the line unless i put them on speaker phone or bluetooth. I called Samsung tdch and they said they knew of the problem caused by an update but they haven't any way to fix it . This has been going on for over a month now. I'm getting extremely frustrated.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
Ya Tony, It's so awesome that you can't even hear people calling you. So awesome!

I wish I could kick myself for giving Samsung another go after what happened with the Note 7 return. I loved that phone so much I have their newest heaping pile of junk phone a chance and now I deeply regret it. I can't even use my phone as a phone. I advise anyone looking at this phone to keep away.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Thats why I sold my S8 + and got a iPhone 8 Plus. Samsung devices have had issues multiple times and never get fixed or wait months to do so.

Yours wasn't the only one. Reading ON XDA that thousands had and still have this issue.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
Finally the sound is fixed. Over a month I had low in call volume and flash videos would not play in my internet browser. A fixed with the latest update. Bixby button is still super annoying though.

Refundmynote7
I plan to stick around
Let me add that the lousey $200 MasterCard promotion is still pending. Not cool Samsung.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Refundmynote7

Still pending status? Wow I wonder why.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
Mine has gone from pending to in process

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I've contacted the Rebate Center handling the $ 200 Note 8 offer. It has now reached the end of the " 6-8 week " period to process these. Most should have seen their offer move from Pending to In Process on or around 6 Dec. This was the time when they were " sent for printing ". On 6 Dec, they said allow up to 15 days to receive your card in the mail. Well, it's now been 15 days and still nothing. Contacted them again today and they said " wait another 15 days". It's anyone's guess if and / or when these will arrive.  Just thought I would provide more insight with what I have experienced.

Merry Christmas  / Joyeux Noel

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
They keep saying another 15days, another 15days, another 15 days for four times already every time I called or my friend called, same answer. I feel like I'm a beggar for that $200.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Here's the phone number to the Rebate Center if anyone feels the need.....1-888-709-7079.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I got my Samsung $200 yesterday. Status still shows in process but got the card in the mail.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

Great to hear! I got a email yesterday at 8pm by Samsung Note 8 update offer saying I been accepted and approved and will be waiting for 6-8 weeks to get the card.

" We are happy to let you know that your registration for the Samsung Galaxy Note8 Upgrade Offer has been validated and you should expect to receive your CDN$200Samsung Canada Prepaid MasterCard by mail within 6-8 weeks. Please note that card terms and conditions apply, see MyPrepaidCenter.com/site/Mastercard-univ-can for moreinformation"