Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Just got my confirmation email on the gifts today.

I had pre-ordered from rogers and completed the registration.

changed my mind on the colour and went with blue, but it put me way down the list.

So day of launch I bought it from BestBuy.

Just got around to activating it and realized that I have the options for wifi calling and VOLTE-(and they are turned on) that they are not active. No hd voice or wifi calling logo.

called rogers and gave them the story of poor cellular reception at home - all to no avail.

What should I do?

Phone is unlocked from samsung.

it doesnt really bother me not having them. there are work arounds.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angelop

Unfortunately the only devices that will work on WiFi Calling / VOLTE are the ones that are bought straight from Rogers.

You can contact Rogers and have them add THE IMEI / Serial number on your account and see if it will activate. Sometimes it does.
I Plan to Stick Around

@hello @Meowmix

I contact Rogers and they read  back my imei number

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @angelop

Unfortunately the only devices that will work on WiFi Calling / VOLTE are the ones that are bought straight from Rogers.

You can contact Rogers and have them add THE IMEI / Serial number on your account and see if it will activate. Sometimes it does.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angelop

Hmm then mostly likely it's not working due to it not being purchased from Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Received my Bonus in the mail yesterday. Much better than 6-8 weeks! 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

I've lost count of how long we've been waiting for Samsung Canada to provide the offer for Note 7 owners who purchase a note 8. Chatted with them again today and they are still regurgitating the same message "will be announced soon", which is the same thing they said in August.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Thai69

Glad to hear! 🙂
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

I would just give up. Honestly no carrier / media is doing anything about it so there is little to no hope we will get anything to be honest. It's all talk but no action from them and this is leaving a very bad taste in my people's mouths. The least the carriers could do and the media could push Samsung Canada to release more information other then the same old record they been saying for the past 2.5 months. Samsung Canada has gone down hill..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

September 20th they sent me an email saying I should expect my bonus within 6 to 8 weeks. I have heard nothing since, yet others on here have received shipping notices. I've also received a few emails telling me to register although I already did on September 15th.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @5five5

Hmm I would contact Samsung about this. Log into your Samsung account via website - My account - My Offers - Contact. It should let u ask what's going on and u should get a email response back.