Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

@Meowmix

Funny that you mention " media". For whatever reason, the media has dropped this story. There was a brief mention of it last week but nothing since. Nobody seems to be pestering Samsung for answers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Thats because I don't think many are taking it to them. Pretty sure if we all did, Samsung Canada would HAVE to offer a explanation and what's going on. This is the only way unless we all sit here and wait it around.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Further.... You mention that this is not a Rogers issue and I directly agree with you. That said, indirectly, we're buying these phones from Rogers so you would think that Rogers would be pursuing this directly with Samsung on behalf of their customers. They have a much higher level of influence with Samsung than you or I calling into Samsung cust service. Even the Samsung reps are frustrated and are tired of reading from the script without any knowledge of when this will be announced. Are Rogers / Bell / Telus and others pushing the issue with their Samsung reps ?? ( Rhetorical )

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Agreed with that! That is something Rogers would need to answer as if they are, that would help but I don't think so.

To be honest I think Samsung Canada is stringing everyone around at this point. What is so difficult about a offer the promised thay they can't deliver? I doubt its with the carriers as the phone is released. This is something internally with Samsung Canada head office and promotions / marketing team which is giving false hopes.

Even if they release the information this week or next let's say, many have returned their Note 8 back because of it. So they are losing more customers because of this and i don't think they care or noticed yet.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been answered but reserved my Note 8 before launch and picked it up yesterday. Do you still get the free gift if you reserve? Thanks. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ghammer80

As long as you did the pre registration form from Samsung before September 17th then yes. All you need to do is sign into your Samsung account from your Note 8 and you will get a welcome email. Wait from 6-8 weeks ( takes 1-3 weeks at most) to get a shipment email.

You can also track the progress from signing into your Samsung account via the Samsung Canada website - Account - MY Offers.

If you did not so the pre registration form, then sadly no u won't be eligible.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #4 reserved. Immediately did the pre-order bonus registration online. As soon as I got my phone I immediately registered it and to this day still shows "Pending". Ugh.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Thai69

Yes as I explained a couple of times, it will show that for a while until they look into ur registration forms. Remember this can take 6-8 weeks. Some are lucky and get it a week after launch but some wait.
I Plan to Stick Around

6 to 8 weeks, reminds me of the 80's when you'd order something from an informercial and had to wait that long to get it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Thai69

Yeah i know but that's how they go with it.