Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)
Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!
It just doesn't make any sense though. To publicly promise something and blatantly not deliver. Well, I guess the door isn't closed on it yet but every other Country delivered on the promise before the phone was released. Samsung Canada is the only division that continues to say " we will announce the offer soon ". What the heck could be going on for Canada to still be waiting ? It just doesn't make any real sense, or business sense. Honestly, I don't think Canada is big enough ( in sales volume ) to generate this much complications to figure out the offer.
Further.... You mention that this is not a Rogers issue and I directly agree with you. That said, indirectly, we're buying these phones from Rogers so you would think that Rogers would be pursuing this directly with Samsung on behalf of their customers. They have a much higher level of influence with Samsung than you or I calling into Samsung cust service. Even the Samsung reps are frustrated and are tired of reading from the script without any knowledge of when this will be announced. Are Rogers / Bell / Telus and others pushing the issue with their Samsung reps ?? ( Rhetorical )