cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!Smiley Happy

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung will be announcing their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be announced tomorrow! As for the specs, They are rumored to be AMOLED 6'3 inch, Dual back cameraCamera, 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with the ability to expect memory via a microSD card slot and more! As for colors, its been leaked out Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey, Deep Sea Blue (it’s likely that only a few of these will be available in Canada). As for when Rogers will be putting it live, it most likely will be tomorrow or the following days after, I will update this thread with more info to come!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 8 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone.  This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Note 8 please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley HappyCat Happy

***Added Labels***

634 REPLIES 634

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @moosiegoosie

It should be up but again it depends on the account it selfs. Most can log in and see it.

cutbigfoot
I've been here awhile

Seriously not impressed with Rogers here. I ordered my phone on Aug 23rd, I was #4 on the reservation list. I have watched the list go from 4/452 down to 0/267 then to 1/255, then slowly down to 1/252. I called rogers and they said 'it should ship any time now!' and 'to keep checking your emails!' but I have been doing that since Friday. Two of my friends ordered the phone, one on the 28th, and one on the 30th. BOTH got their phone on Friday, while I am still waiting for mine to ship. I even offered to go pick it up from Mississauga.

I also called my local rogers store and they said they have 10 in stock (as of 10:30 this morning) but if I was to buy one I would have to give up my pre order bonus. This really sucks. 

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Since we have yet to hear from Samsung Canada on the Note 7 offer, I will speculate now that Samsung will not announce anything, rather, for those that qualify, we will likely see something "extra" in the box that includes your preorder gifts. I can't imagine any other reason why Samsung has not announced anything yet. Who knows what they do for note 7 people who did not preorder.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cutbigfoot

That is not true. You don't lose ur pre order bonus if u pick it up at as long as u did the pre order form on the Samsung site.

This was proven with the S8/S8 Plus pre orders. The staff will tell you that just so u can not pick up the store.

You can go ahead and get it st the store and as long as u sign into ur Samsung account on the phone, u are set!. Samsung has no clue which phone was pre ordered or not.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

You would think that but we shall see. Of nothing happen then, pretty sure Samsung doesn't care anymore. Let's hope. The lack of communication is killing them right now.

cutbigfoot
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix

Have you tested this your self, or can anybody else here confirm it? I talk to Rogers 'customer support' and they said the pre order bonus would be void. Also to other business customers; the 'official' word on your phone is they are waiting for more phones to come in so thats why they havent shipped.

No way. The store said exactly that. 

I was wondering though lol... I did the form onthe samsung site (which anyone could do really, there's no identifying information other than order date and what store you ordered from. No receipt number, no phone information, nothing...) and thought "why the heck can't I cancel my reservation and pick up in store".

So you're saying since I PO through corporate, I got my notification, I went to samsung and registered with my account, I can cancel my online status and go to the one across the street that said they'd do it but I'd lose my preorder bonus.

I went through all this on friday haha, jeez, didn't know I had the chance to get it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cutbigfoot

I have been doing all the reservations threads and I can assure u it happens. My girlfriend never got the S8+pre ordered. She got it in store but was able to the gifts because she did the form online before the date ended. Many also did the same thing. Samsung has NO way of knowing how many got pre ordered and each IMEI that was pre ordered.

cutbigfoot
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix 

THANK YOU! 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @moosiegoosie

Yes thats correct. Again there is no way of Samsung knowing which IMEI device was pre ordered. The carriers get a huge shipment of devices. All the do is pack them in a box and send them out. They don't scan them and register it as a " pre order device" to Samsung.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cutbigfoot

You are welcome! If u go back to the S8 and S8 Plus thread u will see it. 🙂

I put 2 on hold near me. Will pick them up after work today at 1915 and see if everything works out. I assumed it would. Oh well. Missed out on wedding this weekend I was in with a nicer camera, meh.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @moosiegoosie

Have fun when u get it!!

Awcrimety
I plan to stick around
Got my phone. Two questions.

Samsung site shows my preorder gifts as PENDING. But then they sent me an email reminding me to login to finish my pre order requirements,.... I can't tell if I'm getting them or not. What does this mean

And secondly, does this iris scanner work??? It logs me in instantly,...makes me think anyone's irises would work! Is it actually secure? (Yes, I know it can be tricked,..but is it actually recognizing my irises)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Awcrimety

As explained before. This Pending will show until their promotions team sees it and accepts it. This can take days or a week. It took a week and half for me with the S8+.

Yes it works towards ur iris only thay u have registered. Yes it's secure. I have tested it with multiple people and it hasn't been able to get accessed only mine has.

moosiegoosie
I'm here a lot

Wife and I got our note 8's last night. Cancelled pre orders this morning. Got the congratulations registration email from samsung. I'm hoping and assuming PO bonuses will come through.

SMS and MMS texts and phone calls wouldn't come in after we got our phones home. Updated to new software let them sit overnight and restarted this AM and working now.

Phone is miraculous. Usually on my note edge I'd lose 8-11% of my battery life during my morning poop. Today I pooped then ate breakfast all while using my phone (yes I washed my hands after) and lost ONLY 1 PERCENT during the whole time.  Amazing.

CantelATT
I've been here awhile

Business customer.

Pre ordered (Pre-order number# top five/255 - Deep Sea Blue) on Aug. 23, 2017. Status changed to in 'In Progress' on Sept. 15.

Status changed to 'Finalizing' on Sept. 19th, 2017

Got my tracking number today! YAY!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @CantelATT

YAY! Glad to hear!! 🙂

CantelATT
I've been here awhile

Thanks @Meowmix. The wait seemed like an eternity, but reading your first post in relation to Business customers allowed me to exercise patience! Smiley Very Happy

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @CantelATT

Glad to hear! Yes the wait is long and painful but it was worth it! 🙂

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Had a chat with Samsung Canada Cust Serv yesterday. It's obvious that they are as frustrated as we are with the continued delays in announcing the Note 7 offer. They were reading from the script for the first couple of weeks but that has recently changed;

Samsung Rep, "I can understand, we are also waiting to hear about the promotion to assist you in this regard, but as of now, we do not have any official information."