Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

No way. The store said exactly that. 

I was wondering though lol... I did the form onthe samsung site (which anyone could do really, there's no identifying information other than order date and what store you ordered from. No receipt number, no phone information, nothing...) and thought "why the heck can't I cancel my reservation and pick up in store".

So you're saying since I PO through corporate, I got my notification, I went to samsung and registered with my account, I can cancel my online status and go to the one across the street that said they'd do it but I'd lose my preorder bonus.

I went through all this on friday haha, jeez, didn't know I had the chance to get it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cutbigfoot

I have been doing all the reservations threads and I can assure u it happens. My girlfriend never got the S8+pre ordered. She got it in store but was able to the gifts because she did the form online before the date ended. Many also did the same thing. Samsung has NO way of knowing how many got pre ordered and each IMEI that was pre ordered.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix 

THANK YOU! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @moosiegoosie

Yes thats correct. Again there is no way of Samsung knowing which IMEI device was pre ordered. The carriers get a huge shipment of devices. All the do is pack them in a box and send them out. They don't scan them and register it as a " pre order device" to Samsung.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cutbigfoot

You are welcome! If u go back to the S8 and S8 Plus thread u will see it. 🙂
I'm Here A Lot

I put 2 on hold near me. Will pick them up after work today at 1915 and see if everything works out. I assumed it would. Oh well. Missed out on wedding this weekend I was in with a nicer camera, meh.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @moosiegoosie

Have fun when u get it!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my phone. Two questions.

Samsung site shows my preorder gifts as PENDING. But then they sent me an email reminding me to login to finish my pre order requirements,.... I can't tell if I'm getting them or not. What does this mean

And secondly, does this iris scanner work??? It logs me in instantly,...makes me think anyone's irises would work! Is it actually secure? (Yes, I know it can be tricked,..but is it actually recognizing my irises)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Awcrimety

As explained before. This Pending will show until their promotions team sees it and accepts it. This can take days or a week. It took a week and half for me with the S8+.

Yes it works towards ur iris only thay u have registered. Yes it's secure. I have tested it with multiple people and it hasn't been able to get accessed only mine has.
I'm Here A Lot

Wife and I got our note 8's last night. Cancelled pre orders this morning. Got the congratulations registration email from samsung. I'm hoping and assuming PO bonuses will come through.

SMS and MMS texts and phone calls wouldn't come in after we got our phones home. Updated to new software let them sit overnight and restarted this AM and working now.

Phone is miraculous. Usually on my note edge I'd lose 8-11% of my battery life during my morning poop. Today I pooped then ate breakfast all while using my phone (yes I washed my hands after) and lost ONLY 1 PERCENT during the whole time.  Amazing.