Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Thanks all! Heard from UPS this morning. Apparently they had a new driver in the neighbourhood Friday. He wasn't familiar with my street. I'm looking forward to getting it today. So far, looking good! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.
I'm Here A Lot

I am HUP under a corporate account. PO the phone on Sept 10 and was 355 in line at the time. On saturday it updated on the business page and I am now 152 in line. Will that number continue to update as they ship phones out or will it not change until the phones are shipped?

I wish there was some clarity. Online chat has no idea. Suggested to HUP in store and ask them to give me the preorder bonuses samsung was offering (lol I doubt it).

Will my 152# stay there even as I do go lower since you're only supposed to get updates once a week or is that a live number is what I'm asking. Wish I knew if they had stock or didn't have stock. Just don't know if I should expect a surprise shipping notification

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @moosiegoosie

I tried my best to explain everything on page 1,post 1.

That number will need reach to #0 and then ship out for u. The stores are not allowed to give out stock like that. Whoever told u is giving false information. The pre orders are done via Samsung once u have registered that u signed up for it and then sign into the device it self once u get it. The stores can't give out.

Also some stores can not access business or corporate accounts. Some can though. Depends on each store.

I would suggest waiting or try contact a Rogers authorized location and see if they can do the upgrade for u and if they have stock.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the fast reply.

Do you know;  is queue number live on the rogers business self serve site that shows your position or will it not update until it ships?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @moosiegoosie

It should be up but again it depends on the account it selfs. Most can log in and see it.
I've Been Here Awhile

Seriously not impressed with Rogers here. I ordered my phone on Aug 23rd, I was #4 on the reservation list. I have watched the list go from 4/452 down to 0/267 then to 1/255, then slowly down to 1/252. I called rogers and they said 'it should ship any time now!' and 'to keep checking your emails!' but I have been doing that since Friday. Two of my friends ordered the phone, one on the 28th, and one on the 30th. BOTH got their phone on Friday, while I am still waiting for mine to ship. I even offered to go pick it up from Mississauga.

I also called my local rogers store and they said they have 10 in stock (as of 10:30 this morning) but if I was to buy one I would have to give up my pre order bonus. This really sucks. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Since we have yet to hear from Samsung Canada on the Note 7 offer, I will speculate now that Samsung will not announce anything, rather, for those that qualify, we will likely see something "extra" in the box that includes your preorder gifts. I can't imagine any other reason why Samsung has not announced anything yet. Who knows what they do for note 7 people who did not preorder.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cutbigfoot

That is not true. You don't lose ur pre order bonus if u pick it up at as long as u did the pre order form on the Samsung site.

This was proven with the S8/S8 Plus pre orders. The staff will tell you that just so u can not pick up the store.

You can go ahead and get it st the store and as long as u sign into ur Samsung account on the phone, u are set!. Samsung has no clue which phone was pre ordered or not.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

You would think that but we shall see. Of nothing happen then, pretty sure Samsung doesn't care anymore. Let's hope. The lack of communication is killing them right now.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

Have you tested this your self, or can anybody else here confirm it? I talk to Rogers 'customer support' and they said the pre order bonus would be void. Also to other business customers; the 'official' word on your phone is they are waiting for more phones to come in so thats why they havent shipped.