Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @wpd1

I notice only 2 users posting about the feedback about the device being a bit nicer then the S8+. Some posters on MS have posted some of their likes and dislikes but to be honest not as many as before though.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's because we( Me & my friends) and many others are busy playing with the phone. No time to post and assumed everyone knows nothing come close. X is an old tech junk anyway so we don't even need to compare.
Go to YouTube and there are thousands of people posting positive feedback and also how difference N8 is with S8+.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

I think what @wpd1 is saying is that for many year whoever got the phone at the store used to come and say a few good things and few negative things. Lately with the S8 and the Note 8 not many are anymore. Also YouTube is great and all but it seems like some get paid or get free products to do reviews on devices. Noticed this my self with speaking with a few reviewers.

So all in all I remember when we used to get devices and come back here to post what's good and what's bad. Guess everyone moved on from that or to busy. It's okay!
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all. I've been busy messing with my Note 8. It's a great device. I think that Bixby is underrated. The app is incredibly useful and does things no other voice assistant can. I am able to control virtually all aspects of the device via Bixby.

The screen is simply stunning as expected. Every year I am impressed with the quality of Samsung's screens.

The one huge letdown for me is the camera modes. When you click to download additional modes, there are only 3 modes. Gone are the Photosphere, Dual Camera, and others. I had to side load them via a backup from my Note 5.

Last night I filmed a short video clip on the way to my home. Low light is great. Best I have seen on a phone I have owned.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been working outside in the yard all weekend so haven't had much time with the phone but so far it's great. The screen is awesome!!!!!!!

I picked up a cheap $15 case friendly tempered glass screen protector on Amazon and while it fits great with my Spigen Thin Fit case it's brutal for screen sensitivity/responsiveness. I have to push harder than usual and tap the screen multiple times to get it to respond. But that's nothing to do with the phone and I feel better that it's protected 🙂 

Looking forward to spending some time with it this week.

I Plan to Stick Around

Been playing with mine since Friday and totally loving it. Not a fan of bixby, it was doing this weird thing where it would randomly launch. So I disabled the voice part and it's been good since. I prefer Google assistant. Iris scanner is fast, haven't needed the fingerprint scanner very much.
The screen is awesome, I turned down the resolution to save battery and can't even tell its been lowered.
This phone is huge! Makes my S7 feel tiny now that I've been playing with this for a couple days.
So scared to drop it so I've had a death grip on it since I got my hands on it.
I Plan to Stick Around

UPS screwed up. They did not deliver my phone on Friday and noted the account as wrong street number. When I called in to confirm they had the correct street number! So once again, I did not get my phone on launch day! Still waiting! Only heard great things about the phone! Can't wait to get it today. Fingers crossed!
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope you get it today. I must say, UPS has been fast for me the past year. I'm quite confident that you will receive it today.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

Oh man that sucks! Well I hope you get it today and enjoy it! L
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hopping to get mine today too it was shipped to the store last Friday. Can't wait to get it.